1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Is there any way to change the starting grip?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Chris James, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Is there any way to change the starting grip at the beginning of a session other than using the pre-defined grip levels? I'd like a track that has the grip accumulation of "green" but starting at 90% grip instead of 95%. Any way to make this happen? Thanks guys.

2. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

Go to x\common\assettocorsa\cfg\templates then tracks.ini. Scroll down to [GREEN] and next to SESSION_START= you can put the value you want the track to start at. Save the file then select Green in the UI. You can also affect the time it takes to rubber in by changing the LAP_GAIN= value. That will decide how many laps need to be done to gain 1% of grip.

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

The 'how many laps' mentioned by Joao ... is the number of laps done with all cars, so it will also depend on the whole number of cars on track.
    ( 1 lap done by 20 cars on track = 20 laps in this case )

Just a little precision not to forget.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Robin

Robin
    Premium Member

You can also add entries like this, to make these custom options selectable in-game. :)
    Just use the templates of the other settings and you can add to the file any settings you want to have selectable.
    They will become selectable in the menu of the game. :)
    No idea how this will affect multiplayer compatibility, though.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

Yes! Thanks for mentioning that. I should've clarified.
    I had never thought of that. I just tried it and it looks like you can. You just add a new entry in the same format as the default ones, and you can edit the preset as you like. You can also add it anywhere in the list you want, and it will show up in that same order in the launcher.

Great idea :thumbsup:

Edit: :ninja:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Robin

Robin
    Premium Member

Yeah I went in and tested myself. My post reflects my findings. ;) I just edited it while you were posting I gues.
    But it's a neat feature for sure. I am just not sure how MP would be affected if you use a custom setting?

7. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

Multiplayer wouldn't be affected at all since when the server is setup, the grip and track are all configured independently of the client side.

8. Great info guys, just what I was looking for! Now my practice sessions can more closely reflect the starting race conditions. Before I was guessing, and I was guessing wrong apparently...

9. Robin

Robin
    Premium Member

I would be interested to see a RD modpack from people who have knowledge about trackstates and have a tweaked custom track conditions file.