• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

is possible that the cam and change the grip??

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Lorenzo Gabbiani, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Lorenzo Gabbiani

Lorenzo Gabbiani

Ratings:
    +22
    I noticed that change various cam grip (steering precision) changed ... it will be true? has happened to you?

2. John Robertson

John Robertson

Ratings:
    +64
    are you talking about changing camber(tilt of the tires) or changing camera (cockpit/T-cam/chase/nose)

3. Lefty_BlueHand

Lefty_BlueHand

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he means camera cause ive noticed this aswell but couldnt get a grasp of it was me or not. For the difference in handeling with cameras is immersive. I actually stopped using the T-cam and using a moddified cockpit-cam (Made moreore dynamic, loop-to-apex added). But i think its between the ears, with the cockpit cam you have a 'slower' definition of the speed youre travelling. Thus you will push even more within the limits.
    So i had that with the cockpit cam, not sure what about you Beodengheda

4. John Robertson

John Robertson

Ratings:
    +64
    I noticed something last night, I seemed to be faster using T-cam instead of cockpit by about 1 second

I'm almost entirely positive it was because I could see the exit of the turn though and felt more comfortable accelerating through turns.

This was at malaysia, turns 5/6 7/8 10-12 especially. It did make me feel like I had more grip, but I think it was a confidence thing, not an actual glitch.

So kind of the same thing you experienced lefty, just the opposite xD

5. Rocky Burney

Rocky Burney

Ratings:
    +13
    I've noticed when switching between cockpit and T-cam views I have to change the saturation settings to achieve the same steering input feel. In cockpit view I run saturation and linearity at 0 so the wheel in my hands is 1:1 with the wheel in-game, when I switch to T-cam view I have to bump the saturation up to 20-25% to get the same responsiveness. I think Lefty probably has it right that it is "between the ears" in that your sensation of speed and closing rate is different in the two views. I know that if I try to run 25% saturation in cockpit view I'm jumping kerbs and missing apexes because of turning in too soon, as well as the virtual wheel turning more than I am turning my wheel is a bit of a distraction and makes it hard to be consistent.

6. spyk3

spyk3

Ratings:
    +0
    I usually use T-Cam because I can see more of the track and you start getting a better feel of the track which in terms will make you faster i suppose. I can't use a chase cam at all, just doesn't feel right.

7. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    I am significantly faster with bumper cam, I can barely play in the cockpit or using T-cam