Is LMU the end of rF2?

My 2 cents on the whole situation around MSG, S397, LMU and rF2.
All these political and capitalist things give me a headache, but still it has to be talked about.
It is exclusively my thesis.
Nothing more, nothing less.
I hope very much that I am wrong.

Good video and good thoughts. My initial thought was that this was obviously the experiment at a new rFactor platform. rFactor 3, if you will, but with a different name. I suspect without Le Mans funding, there would be no major development on rFactor. It looks like the partnership is enabling development of the platform.

Looking forward, we'll probably have a year or two of Le Mans Ultimate focus and then a new platform will be built out of the two.

At this point, to be honest, something has to give. MSG has done horribly, so far. This might be the last gasp.

I just don't understand why no other sim understands the value proposition of iRacing-like every-series-every-hour online racing. I know it can't be easy but these sims are going to keep languishing until one of them commits.

I know it can't be easy but these sims are going to keep languishing until one of them commits

What we have now would be like going to 10 car dealers buying the exact same car to find they all drive differently.

I just don't understand why no other sim or simmer understands the potential value of a standard engine, I talking both physics and graphics.

How long till they wake up.

Like I said last decades I like to see some studios join forces and make a think tank.
We could easy fund it by them producing alphas to test.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.