Is it worth going direct drive on Xbox?

I’d been toying with the idea of getting into sim racing for a while and got an unexpected Xmas gift from the wife of an Xbox One X.

i was a bit green and ran out and got a TS-XW which I thought was the best for Xbox. I’ve since found out about Drivehub and have gotten hold of one along with some Heusinkveld Sprint pedals.

Im having a reshuffle in my house and later on will have more space for rig and PC but want to keep using the Xbox for the time being

I wanted to sell the TS-XW and get a Fanatec DD wheel with Xbox Formula V2rim but keep reading software updates improving performance of the DD wheels. Is that an update that’s performed by connecting the DD to a PC to update which will improve performance when the wheel is reconnected to my Xbox?

or is it software / drivers running in real time on the PC?

thanks in advance

I personally would only do it if you drive more real-sim titles on pc, like iRacing, or Rfactor 2 or something such.

Simcades like you would find on PlayStation or Xbox only has glorified rudimentary ffb effects, so an expensive wheel would be a waste on them, imho.

But if you have the money burning a hole in your pocket.....

Cheers,
Beano

Upvote 0
Thanks Beano,

I’m only expecting to play F1 sims in the future so F1 2019 on the Xbox is getting 100% of my time at the moment and maybe I’m wanting more feedback that simply isn’t there in the game?. I've had a long hard think about it tonight and am 80% sure I’m going to sit it out and wait for the new room and build a proper rig and see if Fanatec release a new model later this year.

Upvote 0
Yeah Mate,
It would be a good thing to wait, after my last chats to Thomas from Fanatec a year or so ago, I am sure he will replace the belt-drive wheels in his portfolio with more affordable entry-level DD wheels. Hopefully those will also support consoles, so he might feedback on that at some point.

Hopefully I haven’t jumped the gun, but I am sure something for that segment is forth coming.

Cheers
Beano

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 33.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 143 57.9%