Is it possible to lower the force required to move g29 clutch?

Hey guys. I've possibly got a dumb question. I'm new to sim racing. I'm disabled with no use of my legs. I use a Logitech G29 (I have a hand control for acceleration and brake). My problem is that I know highest performance will be achieved with a manual transmission car. To that end, I want to use the clutch pedal that comes with the G29 by putting it on a side table and setting it up under my elbow. I placed an order for a table but am now having second thoughts. That pedal seems awfully stiff to push with just my hand (I can get it to 100% regardless). I'm now not sure I'll have enough power to push the pedal down with just my elbow.

Is there a way to lower the force required to push the pedal down? Is it a game by game setting or is it something I can fix outside of the game?

You could swap the springs inside the clutch pedal to one with less force. (from the accelerator for example)
I´ve also once seen a hand lever that combined gas and brake(brake even with a loadcell)

But I think the whole idea to use your elbow will be tedious and disturb you from steering.

I know that a lot of people drive only with two pedals as in brake and accelerator, at least Asseto corsa classic allows you to set "auto clutch" so you don´t need a third input.

You might find further input here:

Last edited:
You could swap the springs inside the clutch pedal to one with less force. (from the accelerator for example)
I´ve also once seen a hand lever that combined gas and brake(brake even with a loadcell)

But I think the whole idea to use your elbow will be tedious and disturb you from steering.

I know that a lot of people drive only with two pedals as in brake and accelerator, at least Asseto corsa classic allows you to set "auto clutch" so you don´t need a third input.

You might find further input here:

hey I just wanted to give you an update. My concerns were unfounded it seems. Pushing the clutch down with my elbow (actually more like the lower part of my left arm) was actually a great deal easier than I had envisioned. I'm actually looking at turning the sensitivity down on the pedal because it's so easy to go to 100% or creating a dead zone . I'm using a 3Drap.it HC1 hand control for acceleration and brake (right hand thumb).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.