Is any one of you running a 3DOF motion system in an apartment, not at the ground floor?

Hi everyone,

It's been more than a year that I have been using the D-BOX 4250i 3dof motion system and I have found it fantastic.

My rig is in my flat, which is at 1st floor and below I have a garage (not mine) so no issues for the noise. But my real concern is the weight of the rig (should be ~100kg) + me (~70kg) all that in motion on the actuators. I have disabled the engine vibrations because it was emitting vibrations for all over the house (vibrations on the floor of other rooms)... even after an year of using it I'm still concerned of creating damage to the floor, or even worse... finding myself + rig in the garage downstairs The house is in northern Italy and it was built in the 60s, as far as I know the floor should hold at least 200kg per square meter ... but that's not something in motion, like dropping 170kg on the floor from 3cm height ..

Does anyone of you use a motion platform in a flat? Should I find a different place where to put it?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 45 36.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 74 59.7%