1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iRacing set to expand its Japanese line-up

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Kevin Watts, Sep 17, 2010.

1. iracing.jpg
    New information has been posted on the official iRacing web-site about iRacings forthcoming expansion into the Japanese market. As well as the previously announced Okayama International Circuit and Mazda MX-5 Cup and Roadster cars iRacing will also be adding Twin Ring Motegi, Suzuka and Tsukuba Circuit to its roster. The full announcement is as follows:

2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Would like to see more euro tracks.
  3. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

They have a "videogame" market perspective... first market, US, second, Japan, third and very far, Europe :)
  4. Well I'd like to see them expand their 'track' team to get these tracks out sooner but so far as placing Europe behind Japan? (even if in jest) they have just announced 4 tracks for Japan all not available yet. Europe has Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Zandvoort available now with Spa, Oulton Park and Zolder to come, I count six there :) As a European racer I'd like to see more tracks too but people moan about so many US tracks but considering the expense of scanning each track its logical they started close to home and their biggest audience is in the US. They also have lucrative tie-ins with NASCAR and Indycar - NASCAR.com actually carries the series results for iRacing just below its real series.
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Out of how many european tracks? :wink:
  6. That wasn't the point, the point was showing Europe has and will have more tracks available than Japan so imply Europe comes after Japan is wrong. There are many tracks in the US not modelled and many more around the world that I'd love to see in the game but they don't have infinite resources.
  7. So this means that there will be dedicated servers in japan. Being from the Philippines, this is great news. I can play with a lot lesser ping :D
  8. I don't think they will be, I may be wrong but I recall reading something about the servers staying as they are, US and Australian servers.