Introduction to me :)

Colin Peach

Premium
Hi Guys only had my first rfactor2 race last weekend.. steep learning curve

Thought id just share a bit about how i got into racing

Back in 2006 with no prior racing experience i entered a TV show “So you want to be an F1 Driver?” designed to give people a chance of racing that would normally pass them by.
The show had over 2000 budding racers enter with different levels of experience, it featured a number of rounds, testing for fitness and car control. I did pretty, well progressing to the 5th round. After that round was a turning point as although i was knocked out of the competition i was offered a race seat for the rest of the 2006 season in an Historic class Lola racing car by senior Judge Tim Matthews.

I now competes in the "Sports 2000 Championship" and have since gone on to have many Pinto engined Class podiums, victory's and fastest laps. In 2015 I purchased a Van Diemen car and moved up to the Duratec Class B championship and in my first season took five 1st place finishes and two 2nd place finishes – To claim the 2015 Class B Champion - With a round still to spare. I also won the championship again in 2016, this time coming down to the final race of the season at Brands Hatch, Unfortunately the battle for the championship was cut short as my main competitor was taken out during qualifying.

I still race sports2000 to this day, but buying a house means i only get to do a few rounds a season.

If you fancy a go the MCR Sports 2000 is available for rfactor https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/30/

vandiemen.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea