Intervall stutter, lag: Race 07 series

Hi all!

I have a problem with the RACE-series games.
When I play the game, no matter what graphic settings i use, the game freezes for an instant every two seconds.

I have always been able to run the game on full graphics without trouble but when i Installed the WTCC 2010 update this occured.

Spec:
GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512mb
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GhZ
Memory: 2gb RAM

Anyone who has had this problem and/or know how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance :)

Richard

Also try to put steam in offline mode if possible, and if not, lower the CPU prio for steam (open task manager, right click on process STEAM.EXE, and lower prio there. That might do the trick as well.

Go to Options, Game Settings and there you will be able to turn off:

Time stamp replays

Replays

Best lap replay

I also did what Marco suggested and went to Task Killer and turned Steam EXE priority down to low. Things seem to be better for me. :)

Does this happen in wtcc10 cars and tracks only? 2GB ram is not enough in my opinion. I had 1GB and it was doing the same.
I have Race installed on my internet PC in the living room as well, and haven't had ANY issues with it.

Specs are relatively low:
Intel duo @ 1.6
2Gb mem
ATI 512 Mb GPU

I run it almost max settings with that setup, and have no issues. 2 Gb internal mem should do just fine. There is something else going on there.

To turn off replays, in the main menu go to:
GAMES SETTINGS
On the General settings, tab General, the 4th option from below.

You can also try to lower the quality of the replays. Also at the same menu.

Edit.
I REALLY have to work on my speed... Ninjaed by Hiroshi this time...

Hi Marco question for you, when I went to Steam EXE. you can also change how many cpu cores you can use running Steam. I my case I have a Dual Core processor so what would happen if I dedicate just one core to Steam.

Will the game benefit from this?

Not really. The game is designed for one core but it does utilize (at least) two. It just uses both of them with 50/50 but it doesn't, AFAIK, have any added benefits with parallel processing, it uses simple sharing. Try setting the affinity for explorer.exe, steam, antivir etc to other core and Race to the other. Then, in principle, things should work smoothly but as life often is, things don't always work out like they should.. I got 3GHz single core and comparing it to my laptop (2x2GHz T7200), they are about in par in Race07 performance, but in laptop, i can have way more applications running at the same time. Both have over 2G RAM, the main thing for stability. AFAIK, modders use that as a requirement too, i know i do.

Some windows guru could tell if creating a separate user profile with custom hardware configuration for gaming would be benefitial. I'm anyway thinking of testing that out, creating profiles that have only the barest amount of stuff loaded. No desktop, no extra items in system tray (user profile) and only the services and drivers i really need (hardware configuration...)

2gigs is clearly the new minimum. I've tested that. With 1,5gigs the game freezes and stutters a lot more than with 2gigs. Memory demand is only 1 gig, according to task manager but VM size is double that.. That is the key there. Nordsleife with 24 drivers reserves ~700megs of RAM but up to 1,6Gig VM, depending how complex the models are in that selection of cars. GT's are expensive for ex..

Lowering the Level Of Detail to minimum can help, the game uses more simpler shapes more often and thus, it requires less memory. Those extra LOD levels are available on all SimBin content .It sometimes can be seen in TV cameras that are far enough, the car starts to "shed" parts the farther it goes. First goes shadows, then mirrors and the overall shape is changes to simplee and this continues thru all the levels, some cars lose grills and other details, unfortunately this requires custom cam file.

Found something else and it is quite an odd thing.

My 4G mobile dongle pulls over 30 000kB of memory while my 3G only uses 4 000kB. So i tried to switch to the 3G and suddenly the stutter (which actually came back a couple of days ago) was gone again!

Wierd thing is that when i use my 3G and have a extra programme running in the backround that uses the same amount of memory as the 4G it doesnt lag. but when i turn 4G on and exit the "extra" programme the lag comes back even if the computer is running at the same memory rate.... Can it be that the 4G module makes some funny things to the software that makes this happen?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%