IndyCar: St. Pete Race Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin Miller only expressed his own OPINION regarding the loss of 2 more ovals.
Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe Iowa and Pocono are the ones which have
some trouble, but Gateway on the other hand seems to be a success and
this is showing us that ovals, in the hands of a good promoter,still can work
in Indycars nowadays.
Also there are some rumors about adding Richmond to the calendar as early
as 2020.

The race in St.Pete for sure was not a cracker, but still was entertaining
enough and strategy was the key here given that it is HARD to overtake
in St.Pete.
There was a lack of the typical chaos that often occur on such street courses
which is why i usually love such tracks so much, but not every race can
be a highlight. In my opinion this is showing us the quality of driving
skills in this series if they only produced one crash over 110 laps on such
a bumpy, narrow, slippery and fast streetcourse like St. Pete.

Last edited:
Were not talking about the 500, dont you see that or are you just playing 'unsmart'?
Some link to a message board lol

SportsBuisness said 2018 ratings were down. DOWN. Not up or anything like that.
And see, this is where that mythical "indycar is gaining momentum" comes from. IF YOU CALL momentum going down then I'd understand.

And when the final comes out for the Season Opener its looking to be a 0.3 - THATS horrid and everyone knows when infomercials get higher ratings then the product your show casing, your in deep trouble.

AND THE indy500??! Well its the 2018 LOWEST TV RATING in its entire history the race has run and it keeps falling downward.
You're conveniently ignoring the fact that almost all sporting events, and television programming in general, have lost ratings in recent years. Between the rise of streaming services, and the increased availability of competing content across all platforms, TV ratings are down across the board.

Nor is NASCAR immune. Their numbers have always been higher than Indycar, but in recent years, they've dropped precipitously.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that almost all sporting events, and television programming in general, have lost ratings in recent years. Between the rise of streaming services, and the increased availability of competing content across all platforms, TV ratings are down across the board.

Nor is NASCAR immune. Their numbers have always been higher than Indycar, but in recent years, they've dropped precipitously.

You've conveniently ignored what I wrote previously, and using your 'all sporting events have lost ratings' is a time and time again excuse for indycars horrible tv ratings.

*Monster Energy Supercross #'s were up last year and up more this year.
*NHRA #'s last year were way up and up this year.
*F1 Ratings were up
*NASCAR cup Ratings are up for 3 weeks in a row
*Even Nascars Xfinity garnered 1,164,000 viewers / 0.74
Thats, AAA series scoring over a million.

**2019 St. Pete on Skedball is a 0.32 rating, 495k

So, indycar gets a horrid 0.32 for its season opener, still suffering horribly - and the only series not growing. Its hard now isn't it to, to use a large general swath of 'all ratings are down' to ease indycars woes, when all ratings aren't down - its indycar remaining stagnant.

I think it's time to close this thread since very few of the posts have discussed the actual race and there's no agreement in sight on the financial statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.6%