Increasing AI car reliability

Is there a way to edit and improve the reliability of cars in mods?

I’m using the FRM Super Touring mod and trying to do some long distance races but I can’t get the AI cars to last more than 1-2hrs before they all retire for various reasons, both crashes and mechanical. The cars that make it to the first fuel stop all seem to make their stops and get underway again so that’s not the issue, I can only assume it’s a value somewhere in a file that can increase/decrease the reliability?

Thank you in advance

Some mods have issues with cars leaving the pits after a stop. Often fixed with slight increase in the launch RPM Logic in eng file.

If it's primarily engine breakdown issues, look in the eng file for-
LifetimeAvg=8000
LifetimeVar=3000
these values are in seconds, increase Avg for longer life (the Var is the variance around the average so not all cars using that engine will be identical, in this instance the life ranges between 5000 and 11000 seconds).

The AI take damage from any contact, however slight, this accumulates over long races to the point of affecting their performance but each damage only gets repaired if over a certain threshold, not the cumulative threshold. This can be addressed in the .dmg file - "AeroMin="; raising this value increases the force required to cause damage; raising it too much is the same as turning off damage entirely, usually 2-4 times the default is sufficient.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 5.1%