Imsa qualifying issues with custom talents

Hello. So i have created talents for all imsa 2022 roster. But there is one issue. Basically LMP 3 car are getting obliterated in quals by gtd/gtdpro cars for some reason. The talents i use are in cars folders so they cannot be mismatched by game in any way. Also most of the times there is one DPi prototype which is about 5 seconds off by the leader and it is placed behind some lmp2's. Cars i use are models from real life imsa(its not the class only change for vanilla gtr 2 gt's ,ngt's etc.) Im providing you the talents to check it out and find if its their fault or is it unfixable. For the topic purpose i grouped them into folders dpi, lmp2, lmp3, gtdpro and gtd so it will be easier to figure out this way, but like i mentioned earlier on my directory they are in correct car folders. Its worth pointing out the names of the drivers in rcd files match the .car driver names so this is definetely no the issue here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zUIHxKX75ngvgFczmewYlyidsH0tIhNW/view?usp=sharing.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Was this a issue before rcd tweaks? Is this across different tracks? Try disabling the RCD files for all cars "just rename the directory". I'm thinking towards default physics: car setups, hdc's, eng settings. I've seen mods where the A.I. shift points are well below peak pwr. Ride along with the A.I. and watch.

Do not accelerate time during qualifying, it can cause issues like this. Make sure all cars have comparative time line in the .car file. Make sure the are no two drivers with same name in the game; name of rcd file doesn't matter, game reads the name inside; and doesn't matter where the rcd files are, game will read any it finds anywhere.

There are aren't same drivers for sure, but indeed i used time accelaration. But even without the accelation lmp3 is still horrible, and lmp2 is bit too op even if drivers of dpi's having Qualifying Ability set to about 0.5-2 when for lmp 2's starts at about 5. Before rcd tweaks it was similarly but even worse but i didint tested it much and just jumped into making talents almost immediately.
There is also another problem with custom championship i made. It crashes when i set more than 35 cars in champioship .gdb file. Game is able to handle about 60 of these cars in race weekend with no problem so i have no clue why is it crashing in championship. Im giving the dmp file if its somewhat useful. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oS0gOGvYhvC0uQ8xQO0Hx2TP0B6Z0bq/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
All tracks must be capable of the number of cars you select, if you select 35 cars and even one track can only handle 34 the championship will crash. It works in single race because game will only load what the track will hold, but in championship all cars must load at all tracks.

Create a trace file of the crash, near the end of that file should be a clue.

Also lower numbers for qual and drive ability are better, higher numbers slow them. Try using Tom's Driver Shop, it makes editing much easier.

Last edited:
The funny thing is - it once opened with 45 car grid without crash. I have a trace file here but i don't know if something is causing crash from these lines of code. Unfortunately lowering even more these values didin't help much. Dpi drivers are tend to spin out, lmp3's are so slow even when they ability to qual is set in about 8-9 when gtd's are set from like 15 and beyond.

*UPTADE* I think its not fixable at least for me. LMP3 cars are just running horrible even in races. They were slowest on the track being some kind of roadblocks. I think it has something to do with their physics but is beyond my knowledge.

Attachments

• trace.txt
    157.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Trace file shows nothing to worry about. Upper limit to talent file parameters is capped at 6, I believe, anything higher is just read as "6". Are your laps in the same car better? LMP3 should be slower than LMP1, but if they are ridiculously slow you can cheat and lower their weight in the .hdc file (Mass=xxx, in kg, lower by 100 or so and see if they speed up), or give them a more powerful engine, or both. Giving them your setups may also help.

They were so slow that every class even gt3s was passing them, and it was rather annoying because it was causing some minor incidents when these cars were blocking faster ones and their speed was almost the same on the straight as "slower" classes not to mention as on the turns they were tragically slow. It was just the slowest class on the track(sebring in this case). I had difficulty ai set to high so i had no chace with some cars but i overtook all of the lmp3 during the race like most of the grid did.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 37.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 64 56.6%