Ideas on a cabinet for motor drivers/Thanos controller...

I was wondering if people with DIY motion rigs can help me figure out a good solution to house the (5) motor drivers and Thanos controller that will be powering my rig. (I've got 4 actuators on each corner and one push-pull for traction loss). Part of my wife giving me the thumbs up on bringing all this sim racing equipment into the house was me promising her that I can make it look clean, tidy, and professional.

Can anyone share any ideas on how to house these electonic components in something that will look sleek, clean, and professional?

(There are only 4 motor drivers in this pic but one more is being added for the traction loss):

Resized_20200818_110440.jpeg

I mounted the drivers on a piece of 1/4 plastic with isolation mounts right under my seat with the Thanos controller again mounted on a piece of 1/4 inch plastic and isolation mounts to the back of my P1. Youd just have to find a place for the 5th driver. Im pretty sure youd never get 5 under the seat.

Upvote 0
Why not get a Full ATX Case and mount them in there. a little bit of work cutting out some of the chassis, but it’ll be tidy and tucked away, and you can even install fans install. That’s my plan when I get the green Light to build.

where did you get plans/details of how to build the traction loss system, that’s what im searching for currently

Upvote 0
A 9U rack server should neatly and compactly hold 5 drives/wiring/Thanos controller, something like this

tr09200-01-thumbnail-1080x1080-70.jpg

[/URL]

There are other sizes and other companies have varying form factors but it's likely the shortest path to victory. I'm making my own case with either 15 or 20mm extrusion frame because mine needs to be as compact/small footprint as possible for my tiny apartment

Upvote 0
Here’s another idea..... this is just a standard 6U cabinet. It’s perfect for 5 servo driver. My sim room isn’t that big and needed to save floor space, so I placed it vertically which I think looks pretty good.

But as you can see, I just added the addition motor and 6U is not enough to to house the 6th driver. So I’ve started the search again for something similar, and may hide the amps transducers in there as well

8A635549-C692-47EB-8EC2-4CD4604F9E5E.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here’s another idea..... this is just a standard 6U cabinet. It’s perfect for 5 servo driver. My sim room isn’t that big and needed to save floor space, so I placed it vertically which I think looks pretty good.

But as you can see, I just added the addition motor and 6U is not enough to to house the 6th driver. So I’ve started the search again for something similar, and may hide the amps transducers in there as well

View attachment 400738
I have my amps in a 3U for my buttkickers looks very nice!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea