Apps I want to create an AC app - Is this feasible?

So I always wish simracing games had a feature where AI could use practice to auto-create a setup, so lapping the track, detecting if it suffers under or oversteer, if it could go faster, etc., apply changes on the setup and go again.

Do you think an AC app could do that, or is it only limited in showing informations?

I don't know how feasible it would be, but if you do experiment with this idea, one of the simplest parameters to start with would be the final drive gear selection.
I'd love for the AI to select a proper final drive instead of me having to create an "AI_default" profile for every car and track combination.
I might run into that more than many people do because I like older cars, and many of them are gear limited. Late 60s muscle and pony cars, for example, that can barely crack 100mph because they're topped out in 4th gear. There are realistic differential swaps that a sensible person would do in real life, and many of those mods offer that as a setup option, but the AI doesn't do it.
Newer cars have more gears so they aren't as affected by this issue.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.