I need help please. rFactor and G920 are not playing well together.

Okay, I have the G920, I have the Logitech Gaming Software 8.96.81 installed, and I have a profile for rFactor 2. The game recognizes the wheel and pedals in the set up, and everything seems fine, until I go to race. In the car, in the garage, the virtual wheel in the cockpit is turned fully to the left, and the accelerator is fully floored, and the car is revving at it's max. Now, if the gears would engage, this may be okay for a very, very, very short NASCAR track, but it is useless for anything else. I cannot get anything on the wheel to work when actually at the track. I have the wheel set up just fine in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 1 and 2, F1 16, 17 and 18, the Dirt series, American and European Truck Simulator, even the 2005 and 2006 GT Legends and GT2 games (Which I recently got from Steam for a song....why did I not know about these great games back when they were new, they are terrific), and the list goes on. So, I am not unfamiliar with setting this wheel up, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why this is happening. Any help by you very knowledgeable racers would be greatly appreciated. If it is something simple, I will humbly concede my stupidity, I just want to race this game. Thank you in advance.

Update: I finally got the peddles to work, and the wheel now stays centered, but does not turn. I tried to reassign the Turn Left and Turn Right to the keyboard arrow keys, and the wheel responded as expected. Then I reassign them to the turn axis of the wheel and sometimes it will assign the Turn Left only, and sometimes nothing at all. So, what is this crazy thing doing?

I had quite similar problem with my G29 wheel when I was just tested RF2, game didn't recognize my wheel at all. It has conflict with Windows 10 XBox drivers etc, at first I uninstalled Windows 10 XBox apps and then I updated Logitech gaming software to the latest version, that's it. Hope it helps for you too.

Ps. I hate rFactor because of wheel issues since RF1, I've never found so good wheel settings as for example Simbin, R3E or Assetto Corsa offers automatically, that is the most biggest reason why i do not drive rFactor, other game is good but this bug ruined a lot...at now it is ok but still too big dead zone in the middle of the wheel, will try to set it better if possible

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.