I must admit...

Hi,

While racing on public servers gave me headaches because of the "ramming" folks, i decided to aply for a lisence at this site. I was very proud to have a license (and i still am) but i must confess that i didnt race a single race from the leagues. Thinking about it...
I could come up with all sort of excuses, the main part comes up everytime: im too scared.
There is also a second matter that comes in play: i simply cant set myself to apply for a race at x day at x time. That means i have to practice and keep that day off while the race will occur.
So...and now what? I know there are a lot of people screaming for my license to get into serious racing. So should i give up my license?
What i truly do miss are regular RD servers where races take place around the clock. Those servers are only accesible with a lisence and they do not count for any rank.
See it as "practise / noobie" servers were people can learn to drive seriously against other people. A server were you can follow other folks lines and ask questions and stuff. Just to make people ready for the read deal: leagues.

So...and now what? I know there are a lot of people screaming for my license to get into serious racing. So should i give up my license?

...Give up your license? Now come on, there isn't anyone wanting your license. You always hold a license at RD as long as you log in periodically. There is no reason at all to be afraid that you will lose your license, and there is no reason to be afraid of league racing. The "real deal" at RD is the club races - the leagues are the headline acts, but the club races are the backbone of our racing community. We always have at least one server up, which can be used before/after an event for fun and practice. You may even see some regulars doing laps on a server, and I'm sure they would gladly help you out with anything. :)

+1 Mr. Writing says,

See it as "practise / noobie" servers were people can learn to drive seriously against other people. A server were you can follow other folks lines and ask questions and stuff. Just to make people ready for the read deal: leagues.

No need for it mate, in club races you don't need to compete with others, be +5,6 seconds slower and get lapped 2-3 times, no problem. The only thing you have to do is to respect others and never cause a crash intentionally, if so give your position to the victims.

I can't confess to be the quickest guy out there, but I am a regular and I'm not "slow" but If i'm ever in a server practicing with you I'd always be happy to give a hand. It's what the RD community is about. It aint about winning, It's all about having good clean races that you can enjoy. It doesn't matter where you finish, and as has already been said, the backbone here is the club events. Always has been and always will :)

Yeah, there are lots of club racing which are for fun and practice. From there you can try some of the leagues if you are up for it. If not, no biggie, there is lots of fun, non-ranked racing to be had.

Even the league I run in here is not much more intimidating than the club rallies, they are a bit more fun because they count towards a season and there are more people running, but when it comes down to it, it is just a bunch of guys playing video games and having fun.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.