• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I lost my save after change windows

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by KIMOFIFA, Oct 17, 2011.

1. KIMOFIFA

KIMOFIFA

Ratings:
    +0
    Hii was play 12 circuts then i change my windows xp 32 bitand i keep my saving away from drive c then when i install new windows and put my save in my documents the game cannot resume the game after curcuit 12 cannot resume autosave and want new auosave how can i resume my old save ?sorry for very bad englishkimofifa from egypt

2. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    I believe you must start a new career with your re-install before overwriting the files with your backed up save game.

I read this somewhere in a thread recently, but can't find it.

3. Emil Praga

Emil Praga

Ratings:
    +152
    true, 1st start the game without your backups, do whatever u have to do in game, then exit, and replace the saved folders that where created with your backups

4. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Correct, except dont replace the folders - replace the files. (eg put the old 'backup' files, into the corresponding newly created folders.

5. wantSteer

wantSteer

Ratings:
    +3
    It's GFWL fault. Your save games are linked to your GFW profile, so when doing a backup, you need also to backup your GFW profile:

{system drive}:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive

and to be sure:

{system drive}:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive

and - of course - game saves from My Documents folder.

But there is no quarantee that this GFW crap will kick in as you want it after reinstall...