I keep losing FFB

Hello all Automobilista 1 fans and users. I promise that if you help me I guarentee that you will win ..... a race!!!!! :) I hope you can help with this small problem.

While driving I have FFb. I pause the game and return, FFB gone. I re pause the game it might come back and might not. Very frustrating. Please HELP.:D:D

I've encountered similar issues before and it turned out to be related to the USB connection. Here are some steps to troubleshoot: avoid using a USB hub and connect directly to the back of the computer. You can also try connecting to different USB ports and disconnecting any other USB devices that might be causing interference.
Make sure to have the appropriate app installed for your wheel, even if it's an older model like the G25. The app will vary depending on the specific wheel you are using.

Did you mean a game controller? You didn't mention a wheel, so I assume it's a controller. If it's a Bluetooth controller, you can adjust the settings in Windows to prevent it from turning off to save power.

Last edited:
Alt+F while in game (in pits or on track etc) you might notice a little micro stutter as the ffb resets itself.

Edit: sorry this is for all Simbin titles.

Last edited:
If i opt out to windows then back to sim my force feedback drops out, in controls you can assign a key to reset force feedback.

I've encountered similar issues before and it turned out to be related to the USB connection. Here are some steps to troubleshoot: avoid using a USB hub and connect directly to the back of the computer. You can also try connecting to different USB ports and disconnecting any other USB devices that might be causing interference.
Make sure to have the appropriate app installed for your wheel, even if it's an older model like the G25. The app will vary depending on the specific wheel you are using.

Did you mean a game controller? You didn't mention a wheel, so I assume it's a controller. If it's a Bluetooth controller, you can adjust the settings in Windows to prevent it from turning off to save power.
Thank you for the response. Sorry I didn't mention, I am using a Thrustmaster T300 RS.
It can't be the usb connection because it works fine in other sims. Also I have the proper software and it is up to date.
Do you think I need to verify integrity of game files?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I use this in GTR2 but it didn't work here.
As roguk said above, you need to assign a button to reset ffb. Go into the control configuration settings & look for reset ffb then assign a button (either on keyboard, wheel base, wheel or whatever you like really)

Edit: I see you found it, all good.

Last edited:
I know this is AMS thread but someone mentioned GTR2 - in GTR2 if you press alt+F which resets the FFB does it reset the custom values I've set in the PLR file to the default ones that come with the sim' as new. Always wondered this and daren't press the combo because of this...

I know this is AMS thread but someone mentioned GTR2 - in GTR2 if you press alt+F which resets the FFB does it reset the custom values I've set in the PLR file to the default ones that come with the sim' as new. Always wondered this and daren't press the combo because of this...
Someone already answered but don't be afraid, do it, it works.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.