F1 2016 I hope hopper multiplayer has now come to an end.....

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hopper-style gameplay is great in super popular games like Forza, COD etc. For it to be seamless and successful you really need to have great game filters and a large user-base, otherwise you risk players having to wait an eternity and having to deal with sub-optimal modes. In the first month of PCars i remember only "online quick find" would find me a race, therefore I had no control over the length, format or class of the race I was dropping into; very bad.

F1 2015 was just as bad with it's ridiculous elimination of online public lobbies. Even though they were never massively popular, it was always a good option to get a race in previous iterations rather than relying on the search. I found it nearly impossible to find a game in 2015 as the hopper system was seemingly broken for awhile after release, when I recently went back to it I laughed about how I looked for a multiplayer session for 15m, gave up, and did 2 full length Pro Mode race weekends over the course of a day and my game was STILL LOOKING for a hopper the whole time.

My one big wish for this game is for public lobbies to make their return, as well as if they retain a hopper system, have more neutral searches like they had in 2010-2014 rather than the extremely limiting options from 2015. Also I hope they incorporate a feature that allows us to see how many active users are playing a quick game search so that you don't waste your time searching for a game type that no one is playing.

See you all in August

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies