• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

I have averaged out the season so far

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Antony Snook, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antony Snook

Antony Snook

Ratings:
    +14
    I have been on the internet looking for the average formula. I know i used it in school some 20 years ago but never applied it. Tried to do it in Excel but boxes and variables messed it up so i did it old school with pen and paper. I calculated 10 rounds so far and the highest score is 25 so that's 250 as the maximum score and divided it by the points of the driver making a decimal.
    The weird thing is the lower the number the better the average and the higher the worse. So when i put it into a chart "The values go backwards so its a mind bender" :O_o::thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +603
    Not again, Antony!

*facepalm*

3. Bradley Vanian

Bradley Vanian

Ratings:
    +1,160
    I have just injured myself by facepalming so hard.

If you had a grasp of basic mathematics, you would know you should be dividing the Points by the Maximum.

So for Vettel, (172/250)*100

Also, I can see NO POINT in you doing this. This shows no relevant statistic that we didn't already know.

Plus it doesn't actually work as a pie chart as you have over 100% of what you think is the maximum. 250 isn't the maximum overall, just the maximum for one person.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tony Holder

Tony Holder

Ratings:
    +540
    Just when you thought it was safe.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
  6. Tony Holder

Tony Holder

Ratings:
    +540
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Markus Neumann

Markus Neumann

Ratings:
    +357
    You've encountered a common bug in Microsoft Excel which can occur when performing mathematical calculations beyond the user's capability. In my experience, pressing the shortcut "Alt+F4" can often solve the problem.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    I...I....no...I don't even know what to say. But I'll close this thread for your own good, trust me. :D

Tom

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.