1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

I didn't know Sony was coming out with these.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Looks cool and look, DUAL JOYSTICKS!:pray:

[​IMG]
    Take on opponents across the globe. Control every movement with the tap of a finger or blow up enemy fighters soaring through your living room. Some of your favourite PS3 brands, and some new titles developed just for PlayStation Vita let you discover a gaming experience with no limits. The world is in play.WebId

More information

PlayStation Vita transforms the way you experience your favourite titles. Through technologies like the front multi-touch screen and the rear multi-touch pad, motion-sensors, and augmented reality, PS Vita brings the biggest and best games to life in a whole new way. Coupled with the rich graphics and new social gaming features play your favourite adventures with an all-new spin.

FEATURES:

• Transform Your World: With front and rear cameras, you can turn kitchen counters into a fight ring or office boardrooms into a battlefield. Augmented Reality (AR) technology for PlayStation Vita brings your physical world into the PlayStation world.
    • Interact With The World: Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities pinpoint the location of nearby opponents, send friends on treasure hunts, and keep the world updated on your rank.
    • Non-Stop Action, Literally: Keep the intensity up at home or on the go. With Wi-Fi or 3G connectivity, you can pick up games right where you left off, even from your PS3 system.
    • Sleek New Form: Modeled after the classic dual-stick control, PlayStation Vita reinvents everything else about the handheld design with its ultra-slim, pocket-ready form.
    • Beauty In The Details: Experience rich, cinema-like content in this highest definition, compact 5-inch OLED display.
    • Complete Your Control: Front multi-touch screen and rear touch pad pick up your every motion and put all your fingers to good use.
    • Dual Analog Sticks: Feel the full-on intensity of First Person Shooters with Dual Analog Sticks.
    • Chat on the Fly: Chat on the fly in the midst of multiplayer action or while watching videos.
    • PS3 Integration: Enjoy continuous, uninterrupted gameplay between your PS3 and PlayStation Vita systems with compatible titles.
    TECH SPECS:
    • CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)
    • GPU: SGX543MP4+
    • Dimensions: Approx. 18.20(W) x 8.35(H) x 1.86(D) cm
    • Screen: 5" (16:9), 960 x 544, 16 million colors, OLED, multi-touch screen
    • Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad
    • Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
    • Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
    • Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system, Three-axis electronic compass
    • Wireless Communications: 3G, 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR A2DP/AVRCP/HSP

2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I think i'm sold on one. I wonder if it is UMD again for it doesn't say. I still have my GT PSP kicking around.

3. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

They have been planning this for more than a year. But, I don't really know if I will get one because it may be like the PS3 and PSP in my opinion: great leaps of technology but lacks games that make an appeal to me.