I can't see rain on the windscreen and wipers do not work. Who can help me?

I have a problem in assetto corsa. I installed sol wheater mod, the latest costum shaders patch and the wet track mod. I also installed the shaders extension rain app. When i go into a race(launched from content manager) with rain enabled, i hear the rain dropping and there is a trail of water behind my car when i drive, the track i quite slippery as well but when i go in to the car behind the wheel, i cant see any rain drops on the windscreen. My wipers also don't work. So i opened the shaders extension rain app, but in the app the rain is already set to max and my wipers too. But in the car i don't see any rain or wipers. Does someone have a solution please? You would really help me out of this...

So, first make sure you have SOL 2.0.2 installed by following the guide here https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c1zklm806xbmy3/Sol 2_0 install guide.pdf?dl=0 if you just tried to drag and drop SOL into CM it won't work as I had the same problem. Basically you just need to uninstall and reinstall SOL the right way, and just to be safe, reinstall CSP (I'm using the latest 1.73 preview version). Also if you want rain PHYSICS (which I didn't know existed until a few days ago) activate these.
First is a box under Drive in CM settings and then tick this box. Rain Tires should now show up as an option when setting up your car. Also, have fun......cause it completely changes how the car handles as well. ATM only a few have actual textures for the tires.

I've NEVER gotten rain to appear in the car. On the track, nowhere. I don't really drive AC or any sim really just for fun so I never bothered with it. But it's really bugging me now that I've tried for the past half an hour to get any sort of rain effect anywhere in the game and it just seems non existent to me.

I am not a Patron, I just have the latest version of CSP installed and as far as I know the latest version of SOL as well.
At the moment you have to be a Patron of
Ilja Jusupov aka x4fab
to have any rain effects once you have made a donation you will receive the latest CSP with lots of other tweeks and effects including rain tyres.

Rain FX works fine for me, but wipers doesn't work in any car.
I read that someone face issue with wiper doesn't cleaning the windscreen but in my case, the wiper doesn't star !
I try to put wiper on option in weather FX or allow wiper control (+ / - ) to an key but it doesn't works in any car.
Could you please help me ?

PS : It correctly works in CM Showroom

Last edited:
I've NEVER gotten rain to appear in the car. On the track, nowhere. I don't really drive AC or any sim really just for fun so I never bothered with it. But it's really bugging me now that I've tried for the past half an hour to get any sort of rain effect anywhere in the game and it just seems non existent to me.

I am not a Patron, I just have the latest version of CSP installed and as far as I know the latest version of SOL as well.

I changed my csp version back to 1.60 and rain worked again
Apparently an upcoming csp update will bring a new rain fx with it

I had the same problem atm.
Windscreen FX was on, but no wiperblades cleaned the windscreen.

The solution: untick Use new windscreen effect in Rain FX settings panel
this is no longer a solution.

my issue was solved by changing vehicles. some vehicles, including almost every 'drift' specific vehicle won't show drops or have wipers.

Hi all, I am using CSP 0.1.76 (Patreon version) with Sol 2.2.1. Tried the Rain FX but even though I see dark clouds, lightning, and wipers are automatically on, there are no rain drops on my windscreen. I have the Windscreen FX and Particles FX both enabled. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

This does not work for me. The wipers work but there are no rain drops showing up on the windscreen.

Hi all, I am using CSP 0.1.76 (Patreon version) with Sol 2.2.1. Tried the Rain FX but even though I see dark clouds, lightning, and wipers are automatically on, there are no rain drops on my windscreen. I have the Windscreen FX and Particles FX both enabled. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

try another vehicle. some modded vehicles simply don't allow rain drops. i have noticed this with drift cars. some cars also just don't have wiper animations.

i know with 100% certainty that this lambo has drops and wiper, and it's a sweet ride to test in :)

if you still don't have rain drops, either
a) you don't have the right version of CSP (1.62-1.65 or preview version)​
b) you haven't installed Sol properly,​
c) you haven't enabled Sol properly,​
d) you don't have Rain FX on, or drops are not disabled for the different views,​
e) you don't have Windscreen FX on,​
f) you don't have Weather FS on, or the wrong controller and weather scripts are selected, or​
g) some combination of the above.​

You won't see rain on online servers unless the server host has enabled it. If you can see rain offline, you will be able to see it online if the host has turned on intensity specifically :)

edit: im no expert, so experts keep me honest. i've just gone through all this stuff to help a buddy set up water so it's fresh in my head.

Last edited:
try another vehicle. some modded vehicles simply don't allow rain drops. i have noticed this with drift cars. some cars also just don't have wiper animations.

i know with 100% certainty that this lambo has drops and wiper, and it's a sweet ride to test in :)

if you still don't have rain drops, either
a) you don't have the right version of CSP (1.62-1.65 or preview version)​
b) you haven't installed Sol properly,​
c) you haven't enabled Sol properly,​
d) you don't have Rain FX on, or drops are not disabled for the different views,​
e) you don't have Windscreen FX on,​
f) you don't have Weather FS on, or the wrong controller and weather scripts are selected, or​
g) some combination of the above.​

You won't see rain on online servers unless the server host has enabled it. If you can see rain offline, you will be able to see it online if the host has turned on intensity specifically :)

edit: im no expert, so experts keep me honest. i've just gone through all this stuff to help a buddy set up water so it's fresh in my head.
a) I am using a preview version (lights-patch-v0.1.77-preview1-full.zip)
b) I just uninstalled and reinstalled Sol again to be sure (Sol 2.2.1)
c) All the Sol apps have been enabled
d) I have Rain FX enabled
e) I have Windscreen FX enabled
f) I have Weather FX enabled (Controller = Sol 2.2, Script = Sol)

Still not getting any rain drops or seeing the track / cars get wet. I do have thunder, lightning and the dark clouds though, as well as all the rain sounds. Tried with many cars, both modded and original as well, still no luck.

See this picture, the wiper is working but the debugger shows zero rain drops:

Last edited:
i would jump on the CSP discord, and ask. As far as I know this all i've done to get rain to work. maybe try the last preview version of CSP: 176p136? some people have had issues with 177p1 apparently.

idk

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies