I cannot get AMS in fullscreen

Hi all, I posted this question under the latest update thread but it might not have been seen there.

Since Update to V 1.5.24 which included Donnington and Snetterton tracks I have lost fullscreen and cannot get it back. I read other threads where they used 'Configuration Tool" to remove 'windowed' mode but that did not work for me. I reverted back to the previous version to avoid playing in windowed mode ( this is not an option for me, the screen is 10% hidden at the base of the screen and I cannot move it no matter what I do.)
I now just bought the above mentioned tracks and had to update to get them and I am faced with the same problem.

I have:
Windows 10
Intel i5-7400 CPU dual core 3GHz
16GB Ram
64 bit system
Nivida GeForce 1030 graphics card

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

Last edited:
Hi all, I posted this question under the latest update thread but it might not have been seen there.

Since Update to V 1.5.24 which included Donnington and Snetterton tracks I have lost fullscreen and cannot get it back. I read other threads where they used 'Configuration Tool" to remove 'windowed' mode but that did not work for me. I reverted back to the previous version to avoid playing in windowed mode ( this is not an option for me, the screen is 10% hidden at the base of the screen and I cannot move it no matter what I do.)
I now just bought the above mentioned tracks and had to update to get them and I am faced with the same problem.

I have:
Windows 10
Intel i5-7400 CPU dual core 3GHz
16GB Ram
64 bit system
Nivida GeForce 1030 graphics card

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

Have you tried checking your config.ini file, and change the value of 'WindowedMode' to 0?

@John Kerry one thing you may want to mention is the actual resolution you’re trying to run in full screen mode. Is it the native resolution of your monitor or are you trying to run full screen in a lower resolution such as 1080p full screen on a 1440p monitor? I honestly don’t know if it would make any difference but it certainly seems possible this could influence the advice you're given.

Delete the config.ini file.
Back up the original first if you want to be safe.
After deleting the ini you may need to open and ok out of the AMS config exe file before launching the game.
You should now be good to go.
Welcome to the "I have found reasons why Windows 10 sux club"

@John Kerry one thing you may want to mention is the actual resolution you’re trying to run in full screen mode. Is it the native resolution of your monitor or are you trying to run full screen in a lower resolution such as 1080p full screen on a 1440p monitor? I honestly don’t know if it would make any difference but it certainly seems possible this could influence the advice you're given.

Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I really don't know what my screen resolution is but Windows recommends 1920x1080.

Delete the config.ini file.
Back up the original first if you want to be safe.
After deleting the ini you may need to open and ok out of the AMS config exe file before launching the game.
You should now be good to go.
Welcome to the "I have found reasons why Windows 10 sux club"

Hi 'wide2tele'. Thank you very very much your suggestion work. You are a genius:thumbsup:. I was begining to think there was no solution and in the end it was so simple and logical. Thanks again you made me very happy.:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%