Apps I am trying to fix the youtube android auto app

So from i've seen, the previous fix used an old version of yt-dlp
r/assettocorsa - I am trying to fix the youtube android auto app
Which returns 'failed to stream video'
So i updated it to the latest version
And it returns this error on the screen
" Failed to get video URL : Not Autorized URL : https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases/download/2023.07.06/yt-dlp.exe "
Any ideas of why this happens?
The whole code is available here : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/youtube-android-auto-fix.59930/ (i am not the author of the previous fix)
I think it is due to recent youtube api change, i'll update this post as soon as i find a workaround and i'd love some help!

It might also be a problem on CSP's end with it whitelisting 'exe' file downloads for security reasons. Manual installing the file can avoid that issue.

It might also be a problem on CSP's end with it whitelisting 'exe' file downloads for security reasons. Manual installing the file can avoid that issue.
The thing is, i don't get why the old version is whitelisted and not the new one, but i'll try to use the file locally with the file:// protocol
Edit: You were right it has something to do with whitelisting, using the latest exe with file:// protocol, we get a new error, imma google this and observe the player in the lua file and update if i find something useful
1692821721850.png

Last edited:
The thing is, i don't get why the old version is whitelisted and not the new one, but i'll try to use the file locally with the file:// protocol
Edit: You were right it has something to do with whitelisting, using the latest exe with file:// protocol, we get a new error, imma google this and observe the player in the lua file and update if i find something useful
View attachment 689468
you're able to get the YT fixed again? appreciate if you could try explaining the steps while toning it down for a noob such as myself. been hoping to get the YT running for content. thank you in advance

Ok so i'm now sure it's due to API changes, so to sum up:
The old program tried to found the raw video file url of the youtube video et then stream it on the screen, the thing is now, when it loads the url
1695477619026.png
1695477594972.png

It's empty, so updating to a newer version of youtube dl might work, but the exe is not whitelisted to it's not rly possible

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back