Hydraulic pedals, only throttle and brake?

Considering upgrading from my HE Sprint pedals to something better, with an hydraulic brake pedal. Which models would you recommend? I have two demands: I should be able to install the pedals on my own baseplate and I want to purchase a throttle + brake combo, not including the clutch nor the baseplate, and obvioulsly for a better price.

Edit: I have found the BJ SimRacing Steel F1 Hydraulic Pro and the Simagic P2000-L

Last edited:
I cant really help you but can pass on some advise, if I ever get hydraulics again I will only buy something that uses off the shelf parts for the parts of the system that will fail over time.

I notice that the BJ one is using wilwood parts for hydraulics while the simmagic is using their own parts.

To myself and a lot of others HPP is a lesson to many people that had failures with custom gear thta you are at their mercy every step of the way if they change their product line, grow disinterested or essentially give up the business.

These are the best commercially available Hydraulic Pedals that will answer your needs, but they are pricy: https://www.pro-sim.co.uk/shop/evo-pro-pedals/

Very good but if kit though. I have build my own hydraulics though, which are better than the Pro Sim Evos, but even more pricy.

I am using Doppler race pedals with Tilton floating master cylinders and a few other special bits and pieces. About 165kg brake-force at max, which can easily be changed higher or lower.

Attachments

• 7D2B91DD-B8CA-42EB-9923-F7130C808764.jpeg
    7D2B91DD-B8CA-42EB-9923-F7130C808764.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 67
  • B9212890-26C4-42E1-92BD-4586774BD1E2.jpeg
    B9212890-26C4-42E1-92BD-4586774BD1E2.jpeg
    795.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Elaphe lead with the BJ pedal set and Simagic which are on the lower end of the spectrum.

So I don´t think he´s after "high end Simracing boutique stuff";)

I also have HSV Sprints and have an urge to upgrade.
(there´s no need for it, the pedals are working flawlessly and in no way are holding me back :unsure:)

What keeps me from upgrading is the introduction of another level of complexity and more failure points. (and DOT brake fluid is a mess on the carpet :sick:

IIRC Simagic had quality issues in the beginning, not sure if they are erradicated now.
In case of problems you need to rely on the importer as the hardware comes from China (long distances, political uncertainties).
So better to buy locally.

BJ is young and small entity, (not sure if it´s an one man shop) whose products may fall into HPP category, great when they last , no idea how service in two years will be. But with the big advantage that the hydraulics are normal, commercially available parts.)

Not an easy decision Carsten

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea