1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hud Blur

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Coennos, May 14, 2015.

1. Coennos

Green green green

How to kill this blur on my hud,is there a possibility ?
  2. Are you using Helmet Cam? If so, in the movement options there is a "Depth of Field" setting that you need to disable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

My Hud is never blurred. Do you mean the instruments and dash switches?
  4. Coennos

Green green green

Yep tire temp brake temp etc,and yes use helmet cam,thanks @Kyle Pearson :thumbsup:
  5. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I found the best setting is to use the helmet cam, 100 on world and gforce movements, no helmet shown, no helmet depth of field, look to apex 50, helmet leaning 75 and camera leaning 50. I raced in R07 with look to apex which followed your wheel and this feel about the same. LTA on 100 here is overkill.
  6. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

never understood this blur thing. DOF is one of the things the human eye adapts to the best. Why would I not want to see the gages?
  7. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Yeah, its ridiculous for the fact that you have the DOF kind of built into your eyes, so when racing, you are focused on the road and the motec is not in your focus anyway but you divert the focus from the road to the motec to see it. Why would you want to force the "drivers eyes" to lock onto the road is beyond me. But hey, atleast there is an option to turn it off so thats +1 point for them.