(How to?) Make a cheap triple screen setup

hi! Does anyone knows how to make a cheap triple screen setup? Or how much would it cost the cheapest one...

I got an LG 27’’ monitor but would love to have more screen even if I got to low graphics at minimal (gtx 660).

Maybe (probably) it’s impossible but...maybe not:(:thumbsdown::rolleyes:

I also have a 27" center screen with Full HD resolution. What i did was getting two very cheap and used 4:3 screens with 1280x1024 each. Just check for some cheap deals on ebay or else. You have to adjust the video settings quite a bit but I got it done. Depends also on the Sim you are using the most.

Upvote 0
hi! Does anyone knows how to make a cheap triple screen setup? Or how much would it cost the cheapest one...

I got an LG 27’’ monitor but would love to have more screen even if I got to low graphics at minimal (gtx 660).

Maybe (probably) it’s impossible but...maybe not:(:thumbsdown::rolleyes:

Probably not a good idea to use the GTX 660 for triple screens...

Looking at this handy-dandy chart of GPU comparisons (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2839/geforce-gtx-1080), you can see that a GTX 660 performance is about 26% of a GTX 1080 or less than 50% of a GTX 970.

With a GTX 970 (I used to do this), you can run a multiview triple screen setup in the modern sims with settings turned down and a non-multiview triple screen setup close to full graphics.

With a GTX 1080 (what I have now), you can run all sims (except rF2 DX11 beta) with graphics turned up full in multiview.

Upvote 0
I have a question for triple screen experts. It's been bugging me for ages.

If I have a 34" Ultrawide 2560 x 1080 monitor, is it possible to add two small 1080p (say 27") monitors. Would this work and can you have the two side monitors a different resolution to the main monitor using a the RX480 AMD GPU?
It's just that I have been offered a couple of 27" monitors for not much cash and I was wondering.
Cheers.

Upvote 0
If I have a 34" Ultrawide 2560 x 1080 monitor, is it possible to add two small 1080p (say 27") monitors. Would this work and can you have the two side monitors a different resolution to the main monitor using a the RX480 AMD GPU?
I think the only sim where that would work is pCARS 2. Everything else expects you to use a Windows resolution, where the desktop is spanning across the three monitors. I'm fairly certain that you can't span mismatched monitors with nVidia, but it might be different for AMD.

Upvote 0
I think the only sim where that would work is pCARS 2. Everything else expects you to use a Windows resolution, where the desktop is spanning across the three monitors. I'm fairly certain that you can't span mismatched monitors with nVidia, but it might be different for AMD.
not correct, I have mismatched monitors on Nvidia Gtx 960 and it does work. You have to create a custom Windows resolution though. Check Google for tutorials.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea