How to hide steering wheel/hands in the cockpit view (if possible)?

I have the very same problem. Option to hide arms/wheel is grayed out.
Using latest patch.
Same problem here. Greyed out. Anyone find a solution? Temporary "fix" is to change view mode but i dont like that view at all, the one witout wheel. I just want to hide the wheel in the meny for the specific view that i use.
Who want a wheel in front of a real wheel. Feels really stupid an unrealistic to see a virtual wheel in front of my real wheel.

The answer is rather simple: you are not in the right view
There are 3 different views from cockpit ... in the right order
- 1st one: usual cockpit view ... the option is not grayed out
- 2nd one: dashboard view ( both 1st and 2nd may easily been confused according to how they are set up ) ... the option is grayed out
- 3d one: helmet view .... the option is also grayed out.

In order to have the right 1st one .... use "Toggle View" in order to choose the 1st one ( the one appearing just after the non-cockpit last one: view from the far back of the car ).

NB: easy didactic method to enjoy what you're looking for. :geek:

Last edited:
The answer is rather simple: you are not in the right view
There are 3 different views from cockpit ... in the right order
- 1st one: usual cockpit view ... the option is not grayed out
- 2nd one: dashboard view ( both 1st and 2nd may easily been confused according to how they are set up ) ... the option is grayed out
- 3d one: helmet view .... the option is also grayed out.

In order to have the right 1st one .... use "Toggle View" in order to choose the 1st one ( the one appearing just after the non-cockpit last one: view from the far back of the car ).

NB: easy didactic method to enjoy what you're looking for. :geek:

Seems you are right, thank you :)

I figured it was random somehow because sometimes it was greyed out and sometimes it was not when i was trying different setups and cars yesterday.

Makes kind of sense, your answer i mean. :)

Last edited:
The real problem is how it was made by KS at the start.
I never understood why a cockpit view and a dashboard one may nearly get the same kind of view using their own possible settings.
A cockpit view should have all settings possible and dashboard view settings should remain limited.

Last edited:
The real problem is how it was made by KS at the start.
I never understood why a cockpit view and a dashboard one may nearly get the same kind of view using their own possible settings.
A cockpit view should have all settings possible and dashboard view settings should remain limited.
Totally agree!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%