• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

How to get wireframe skin

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by formidable, Oct 1, 2017.

1. formidable

formidable

Ratings:
    +28
    So, I want to get the wireframe for the KPGC10 Skyline, but in the 2 mods that I've downloaded, I haven't the wireframe, and I need to make a skin.

So, anyone knows how to make the wireframe or obtain the Skyline 2000 GT-R wireframe, please, notify me.

2. gambolmaker

gambolmaker

Ratings:
    +14
    1: Download and install Content manager.
    2: Open Content manager, click on the "content" tab and select your car.
    3: Click on "CM Showroom" at the bottom.
    4: In the showroom, click on the material on the car you want the wireframe for. I'm guessing it's the main car body.
    5: In the menu, click on the 3 dots next to "TX diffuse"
    6: Click on "view mapping". (Or click on the small arrow next to it to select a resolution)
    7. When the wireframe appears, click on the disc to save it.
    8: The wireframe is saved (on Windows 7) under C:\User\<yourusername>\AppDataLocal\ACTool ContentManager\Temporary

Afaik, this is the only way to get the wireframe without extracting the car model.
    If you're going to make a skin you might want to bake a shadow layer too, but that's a very different procedure... ask google for it ;)