1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to drive

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by loma28, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Hi, I'd like to know from you drivers with wheel and pedals if you use same foot for thottle and brake or right for throttle and left for brake at same time. Because I am used to play as I drive in real life with only one foot ( having automatic gear). I wonder how racers drive in real F1.
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I do left foot braking in all my race sims. In real life driving, my left foot is only used for the clutch.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

4. I have a G27 and find the brake and accelerator pedals are too close to each other for me to do left foot braking. So I do right foot only.
  5. I think all modern F1 drivers do left foot braking, and when I am driving F1 I do too. But when driving a road car I do right foot braking as the left foot is needed for the clutch
  6. I know all F1 drivers left brake and I would, too, if I could. Actually...all I need to do is link the brake and accelerator and there I have it. Another project to do instead of driving. It's definitely faster to do the left brake.
  7. JoelGL

Premium Member

Left foot braking too, and yes, I also find the brake and gas pedal too close so I use the clutch pedal for braking (w/ a Ricmotec LC).
  8. I use my right foot for both. I can't for the life of me brake with my left foot.
  9. I found last night that the pedals are somewhat adjustable. They can be moved about 3/8 of an inch left or right. When you take the screws out that hold the pads, there are three mounting holes into which they can be mounted. So I moved the brake and clutch to the leftmost hole, which gives me a little more room. I'm thinking of replacing the brake and clutch pedals with one wide pedal (much like my CRV I drive to work). Even in other sims I tend to use autoclutch because it's not physically possible for me to do heel toe.