How to create .mas file?

Johnny Speed

Premium
I googled it and was only confused. I would like to change the name of some of the AI drivers in the Skip Barber cars. I tried doing it via the "upgrade" tab, in the showroom but just messed everything up. ended up deleting everything and re-subscribing in the workshop. Is there a step by step guide to create a new .mas file for dummies?

I know how to use the MAS2 tool to extract the file that contains the drivers names. I can edit the names..but packaging it back up and applying it to my game is where I get VERY lost and confused.

Please, can someone point me to a SIMPLE tutorial or video that explains the procedure for dimwits? (I don't care about if the cars work online or not, I am a offline player). It was so easy in rFactor 1...

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer.

I made it to the point of having the edited .veh file sitting in a folder on my desktop. Now 20231001_180141.jpg what should I do to get the edited car file in game? 20231001_180224.jpg

A guy over on the s397 forum sent me a .pdf tutorial that should help me figure this out. If I can get it to work I will try to explain "how" in this thread. Gonna be a couple days until I can sit and play..will reply with results as soon as I can.

i would try to copy the teams.mas to a folder on your harddisk. Then edit the veh-files and put them back in your copied teams.mas (open the mas and the drang and drop the veh-files -> press "create the mas-file". Then make an update with mas2.exe.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 095147.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea