How to add an ext_config.ini (for Chang International Circuit)

Hi
Can anyone help?

I went to github (ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config) because I noticed my version of Chang doesn't have grassfx. So I copied a lot of instructions starting like this:

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = NoThrottleControl aka nptc364
VERSION = Cha Cha Cha
DATE_RELEASE = 22-7-21
LIGHTS_COUNT = one
NOTES = Something

[SOL]
HORIZON_OFFSET=6.0
DOME_SIZE=20000
SUN_DAWN=1

and ending with

[HEATING_SURFACES]
MATERIALS = Material #31, Material #36, Material #39, ?CURB?, ?DRAIN?, ?CONCRETEOFF?, ?whiteLine?, Material #924, 12 - Default, Material #32

I copied that long list of instructions into a Notepad file which in named ext_config.ini, put that file in a folder named 'extension' and put that in the track's folder.

It doesn't seem to have worked. I just have the same old grass.

Any tips?

First, I dont see nothing related to grass in your code snipnet. Second, double check if it is saved as ext_config.ini and not as e.g. ext_config.ini.txt.

But again, your snipnet has nothing related to grass! And you shouldnt just copy stuff if you dont know what its actually doing. :)

There is a lot of info available at github.

Edit: Just figured you've pasted some parts of the original chang.ini, located at https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/blob/master/config/tracks/chang.ini

Why dont you just put this file where it belongs, "\extension\config\tracks\loaded\" instead of creating a new ext_config.ini?

Edit: Just installed Chang and the extension and the grass looks really :poop:

Right now I dont know whats the problem there, but I will check later. :)

Last edited:
OK, smtg is odd with the grass at Chang. I've read a lot of posts about this issue, not really a solution found. Anyways, I did a quick and dirty code snipnet which makes it look at least like something which is supposed to be grass.

Place the chang.ini where it belongs, open your created ext_config.ini, delete everything in it and paste those lines into it:
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/grass_fx.ini]

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = 13 - Default, 07 - Default
MAP = C, 1
TEXTURE =  grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3
That is really dirty, but imho looking way better than before.

Thanks a lot for helping.

I think there's been a misunderstanding about the file I used. I just gave the start and end of it in my opening post, there's a lot more in that file, and some 20-30 lines on grass too.

I'll try it in the "loaded" folder and then try using your code you kindly provided.

Last edited:
Just looked in "loaded" and see that that file I got from github is already in there. I'l add your code too

EDIT, followed your instructions. Works a treat. Grass looks good :)

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes