How to add AI after UI update.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to add ai after the updated UI and can't quite figure it out. I'm playing a solo game so it shouldn't be a problem. I go into the Session controls and can use the Boot, but not the Add ai. I see the list, I can highlight stuff, but am lost as to how to add certain cars. Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards,

Mjmueller

1578188811251.png
1578188837708.png

Hi Doug,

Than you for the reply, but I think you misunderstood me. I'm not trying to boot anyone, I'm trying to add more ai while i'm in the race. I have no trouble booting them, just adding them. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mjmueller

Hi Doug,

Than you for the reply, but I think you misunderstood me. I'm not trying to boot anyone, I'm trying to add more ai while i'm in the race. I have no trouble booting them, just adding them. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mjmueller
Same place. Second page shows BOOT and/or ADD. You can also choose who you add by clicking on the name then add.

Ok. Fact!
It does work. You can add.
Difference is it will only add up to 19 AI.
The 20th car is you.

If you want to add a stupid amount of 50+ you'll have to do it before you enter the track.

A simple test/check that anyone could have done if bothering to do so.

Remember the UI is a BETA. You can opt out. Or make a point off the issue at S397. As per the BETA feedback.
Personally I didn't find the old UI that bad.

But like the worthless blurred rims in screenshots so now we're stuck with what ever the mods have, you need to be careful what you wish for.

Looks like it maxes out at 103. more than enough.
1578289478075.png

Last edited:
ok, the limit of 19 was unknown to me. I was testing at Le Grand Circuit and did indeed have 50 cars loaded. After reading the above posts I tried to boot one, which worked, but then adding one did not. I would have to have done a lot of trial and error to get down from 50 AI to 19. Thanks for the info!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.