How safe are game downloads off of bittorrent sites?

Generally, not safe. Especially if they're illegal downloads.

Chances are they'll be hacked to pieces and either not work properly, or include some other stuff that could have bad consequences for your computer.

If its a trusted bittorent site that has genuine content (ie. not illegal, good reviews on the site etc..), or a site that has free content and is offering a bittorent to download the content, then I would use it to download, BUT, I would still check for viruses etc...

+ 1 on what Nick said. I know that CTDP decided to distribute one of their mods via torrents, but as a general rule, most torrent downloads of games are illegal pirate copies, and 9 times out of 10 contain something malicious.

+ 1 on what Nick said. I know that CTDP decided to distribute one of their mods via torrents, but as a general rule, most torrent downloads of games are illegal pirate copies, and 9 times out of 10 contain something malicious.
TBH i tried to download F1 2010 but my Norton Anti virus started working overtime after download so deleted file . Haven't tried again since.

TBH i tried to download F1 2010 but my Norton Anti virus started working overtime after download so deleted file . Haven't tried again since.

Yeah, with torrents you are likely to get some false-positives from your AV, but i stick by what I say, they are largely unsafe. Especially the more mainstream titles.

I remember talking to someone about this and they said that the bad torrents are full of crapware as a ploy by software companies to get users to legally purchase.

I'm not alluding to conspiracy.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea