1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many rallies and how long/diverse are the stages?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Dario Baic, Apr 27, 2015.

1. the one thing that really lacked in rally games in recent years was diversity of the stages, it was basically 1 long stage cut and mirrored into 6/8 stages, so how is it in this one?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. 13 rally
    12 stage
    6-10 km
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

It's the same. I haven't tested every stage so far, but I've passed the same area on 4 "different" stages now. So it is business as usual. One stage, cut, mirrored, split in parts, and also the whole thing.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

It really needs some developer to be brave and make longer stages, older rally games had them so why not now. I want to buy this, but lost all faith and trust in Codies a long time ago.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. It's not as if there is a deluge of alternatives.... I treated it as a very cheap kickstarter: €27 for some fun now and maybe more later
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

If not longer, at least make them all unique...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I'll bet we see at least one 10+mile stage before the game is gold. I get the feeling that the dev team (I won't call them Codies or CM b/c people invoke those like they're nasty names) is truly listening and that's one of the most commonly requested features in a top rally game.

Don't forget Pikes Peak is on the way.
  8. Yeah keep in mind this is an Alpha version from what I understand so there should be a lot more to come :)