• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many rallies and how long/diverse are the stages?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Dario Baic, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Dario Baic

Dario Baic

Ratings:
    +17
    the one thing that really lacked in rally games in recent years was diversity of the stages, it was basically 1 long stage cut and mirrored into 6/8 stages, so how is it in this one?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ha3aP

Ha3aP

Ratings:
    +17
    13 rally
    12 stage
    6-10 km

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,087
    It's the same. I haven't tested every stage so far, but I've passed the same area on 4 "different" stages now. So it is business as usual. One stage, cut, mirrored, split in parts, and also the whole thing.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,116
    It really needs some developer to be brave and make longer stages, older rally games had them so why not now. I want to buy this, but lost all faith and trust in Codies a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Skazz

Skazz

Ratings:
    +101
    It's not as if there is a deluge of alternatives.... I treated it as a very cheap kickstarter: €27 for some fun now and maybe more later

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,087
    If not longer, at least make them all unique...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    I'll bet we see at least one 10+mile stage before the game is gold. I get the feeling that the dev team (I won't call them Codies or CM b/c people invoke those like they're nasty names) is truly listening and that's one of the most commonly requested features in a top rally game.

Don't forget Pikes Peak is on the way.

8. Getrag

Getrag

Ratings:
    +25
    Yeah keep in mind this is an Alpha version from what I understand so there should be a lot more to come :)