How many new races do we need??

The sad fact is, the most enthusiast F1 followers will watch this sport no matter where and when they are racing.. So our oppinion is not the one that will dictate anything. It's the large crowd that brings the money and for them it's a whole different ball game, it's entertainment, not something Holy:tongue:

The Chinese GP was a good race, still don't like the track.. Wikipedia: "The track layout was inspired from the Chinese character shang (上) the first character in the name of the city Shanghai, meaning "above" or "ascend" So that is why there is three!!! 270 degree turns in it.. I hate those corners.... It's like "Malaysia has two round corners, we will have three and make them even tighter, please.. And design.. hmm, this napkin, yeah that first letter looks nice, do that. And hurry up Mr Tilke"

The sad fact is, the most enthusiast F1 followers will watch this sport no matter where and when they are racing.. So our oppinion is not the one that will dictate anything. It's the large crowd that brings the money and for them it's a whole different ball game, it's entertainment, not something Holy:tongue:

True, I will keep watching F1 for years and years, because it's F1. I kept following even after they tore up the Hockenheimring (something that nostalgic fans will never let us hear the end of). Sure, I don't agree with practically everything Bernie does, but it's F1, the best motorsport in the world.

As for Malaysia and China, yeah they were great races but I don't find anything exciting about either track. At least there's something that makes them unique.

bernie makes a lot of money in the business of selling F1 circuits. governments are paying big money for F1 to move there, and he makes money on the construction of the F1 tracks as well.. i read somewhere that he co-owns tilke's F1 track designing business.

sadly, he doesnt care about history, tradition or the fans.

he will keep moving tracks around because there is a lot of governments who want F1, and will pay money to have a race. he will keep the traditional races to ransom, and will move the tracks around to new places... turkey is the first of the new ones to lose it's race... it will keep happening as long as bernie is in the driving seat.

If Bernie keeps going there may not be any traditional races left, I wonder what the calendar will look like on five or ten years time. I can't see the team agreeing to more than 20 races, it's such a demanding season already. The team only have about 2 months off (if that). There's new races in Texas next season, then New Jersey in 2013 and Russia in 2014, and what of Bahrain next year?

it will all calm down once bernie is gone... in fact i think the teams will either take ownership of their own sport in the future or will finally mutiny to create their own series.

bernie just has to hurry up and die....

I bet he's one of those people that just can't stop working. With all the Bernie bashing we have to remember that he has done a gigantic work to get F1 the status it deserves. I don't agree with every decision he has made and he has had too much power for too long. Back in 90's the F1 circus got bloated very quickly, team budgets rose to incredibly heights. Slower progress could've been the better way for the sport aspect of F1 but could've should've... hindsight is always 20/20. It could've gone the opposite way with a lot of rich amateurs buying seats. Albeit this would've been very entertaining, i do enjoy that F1 is the undisputed King of Motorsport, real highend supersport.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%