1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i use adjustable wing

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Antony Snook, Jul 16, 2011.

1. I have f1 2010 on PC and i really like but i am having trouble as i can not elevate the wing angle. Rob Smedley (The voice you hear who is Felipe Masa's race engineer) says is can do this but i do not know how:tongue:

2. If your using a xbox 360 controller then its the d-pad, otherwise just look at the configuration options in your menu and you can set it to whatever you want.

3. It would be helpful to know what controller/wheel you are using.
    On my wheel, a F430 FFB, it is the d-pad that will open the in-race menu to adjust the wings, though it is a bit challenging to use in the heat of a race I must admit.

4. I have problems with this one aswell... I dont know what to choose...adjust + or - ? anyone knows how do I recognise at witch side to adjust the front wing during the race?

5. It depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to increase downforce to aid cornering then you select +Aero but if you want to reduce it to increase speed then select -Aero. Bear in mind that you are only allowed 2 changes per lap though so make sure you use them wisely.

6. I forgot to add that I dont normally adjusting it, only after collision, when my front wing is yellow and my engeneer tells me that I can adjust it... but he doest say +/- roght? or does he give me a hint in that transmission? Because I always change it randomly :D

7. Remember that, if you have, for example, wing set to "+" and you press again "front wing up", you won't get more downforce.

the best way to using this thing is to set it to "-" in sectors, where you don't need downforce (straights), and set to "+" in sectors, where you need downforce (fast corners).

For example - Spa-Francorchamps. Sector one - "-", set to "+" in sector 2 and to "-" again in sector 3.

Using adjustable front wing properly can give 0,2-0,4 sec per lap.

8. When you have damage to the front wing the engineer advice is for you to add aero (+) to try to make up for the loss of downforce the damage wing generates.

9. thank you very much !