• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i use adjustable wing

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Antony Snook, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Antony Snook

Antony Snook

Ratings:
    +14
    I have f1 2010 on PC and i really like but i am having trouble as i can not elevate the wing angle. Rob Smedley (The voice you hear who is Felipe Masa's race engineer) says is can do this but i do not know how:tongue:

2. Ben Jeffries

Ben Jeffries

Ratings:
    +0
    If your using a xbox 360 controller then its the d-pad, otherwise just look at the configuration options in your menu and you can set it to whatever you want.

3. NedLynch

NedLynch

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be helpful to know what controller/wheel you are using.
    On my wheel, a F430 FFB, it is the d-pad that will open the in-race menu to adjust the wings, though it is a bit challenging to use in the heat of a race I must admit.

4. Calixo

Calixo

Ratings:
    +0
    I have problems with this one aswell... I dont know what to choose...adjust + or - ? anyone knows how do I recognise at witch side to adjust the front wing during the race?

5. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,918
    It depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to increase downforce to aid cornering then you select +Aero but if you want to reduce it to increase speed then select -Aero. Bear in mind that you are only allowed 2 changes per lap though so make sure you use them wisely.

6. Calixo

Calixo

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to add that I dont normally adjusting it, only after collision, when my front wing is yellow and my engeneer tells me that I can adjust it... but he doest say +/- roght? or does he give me a hint in that transmission? Because I always change it randomly :D

7. Wojciech Grabowski

Wojciech Grabowski

Ratings:
    +8
    Remember that, if you have, for example, wing set to "+" and you press again "front wing up", you won't get more downforce.

the best way to using this thing is to set it to "-" in sectors, where you don't need downforce (straights), and set to "+" in sectors, where you need downforce (fast corners).

For example - Spa-Francorchamps. Sector one - "-", set to "+" in sector 2 and to "-" again in sector 3.

Using adjustable front wing properly can give 0,2-0,4 sec per lap.

8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,918
    When you have damage to the front wing the engineer advice is for you to add aero (+) to try to make up for the loss of downforce the damage wing generates.

9. Calixo

Calixo

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you very much !