How Do I Create/Find rfcmp Files For Dedicated Server Hosting?

Anyone who attempts to join my server is greeted with a "failed to download mods" error. I later found out that the packages folder must contain an rfcmp file in addition to an rfmod file. I am told that the rfcmp file allows clients to automatically download the correct mods when joining the server.

The problem is I don't know where these are or how to make them. I searched everywhere on my PC and found none.

There's a way to write the rfmod so that it causes clients to download from somewhere other than your own computer. Since I haven't been hosting, I don't remember the details, but it's just a matter of pointing it to a source and I think you can even point it to the Steam workshop. Basically, you never want your rF2 game server to be the fileserver because the client load will bog it down at inopportune moments.

Anyone who attempts to join my server is greeted with a "failed to download mods" error. I later found out that the packages folder must contain an rfcmp file in addition to an rfmod file. I am told that the rfcmp file allows clients to automatically download the correct mods when joining the server.

The problem is I don't know where these are or how to make them. I searched everywhere on my PC and found none.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/getmod-manager.43581/ :)

Also, rfcmp files is in: Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960 (with the exception of non-workshop files obviously)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.