1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I add friends?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Bram, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

As the title says, I am searching on the member site but I don't see the option to add my friends. Is it possible?

2. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

You go in your profile then click on my racers and search on the name the put the mouse over the helmet then it comes up what you can do.
    hope you understand my bad english :) :)

3. Bram

Bram

Aah, a more or less hidden feature :) Got it now (and you have been added Ingo :))

4. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

:) good

5. The friends functionality will become a big thing in the next build; you'll be able to see what your friends are doing and spectate them in races amongst other things.

6. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I've added all of you. Add me up if not already added automatically name is Abdulkadir Ahmed

7. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

That's funny. I was trying to figure out how to do just that, this weekend. I finally got it figured out, so I'll be adding you all tonight.

8. looks like we should try soon (again) RD hosted iRacing event :rolleyes:

9. Bram

Bram

Or a league with 30 persons in a 10 round championship. Total costs per driver $1 lol :)

10. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

11. guess "oval" is the reason for no response :sleep:, anyway now that Bram is hooked to it we can expect iRacing league in fall, no surprise if it will be Indy car based or even F1 :f1:

12. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I would do some oval racing, I'm just not that good right now.

13. Bram

Bram

Would be quite sad if that would only depend on me. It's not that we have shot any initiative in the past from others. As always if there are people in our community that would like to step up to organize stuff we are just one pm away.

14. When looking at race results, you can hover over the helmet graphic of each driver and a menu will pop up giving you the options of study, add friend, send PM or (can't remember the last one)...

15. Release notes for tonight's build on the new Friends list options.

===============

Online Status

- We have added new functionality to help you to determine what your friends / studied / searched for drivers are doing on the service and to easily join their race session or join as a spectator.

This new information is available in two places. First of all we have completely reworked the myRacing - myRacers page. This page now displays a sortable table showing your friend / studied racers along with checkboxes to filter the display. There is an online/offline indicator. If the indicator is green it means that the member has been online within the last 2 hours. If the indicator is red we will display the time of their last login. If a member is currently registered for a session you will see details of their session. If the session is joinable for either racing or watching you can do so from this page.

In order to implement this feature with acceptable performance we now limit your number of friends and studied to be a maximum of 50 each.

- A new myRacers popup is always available just to the left of your iRating towards the top right of the members site UI. A label dynamically updates to display a total of how many of your friends + studied racers are currently online. Mousing over this label will display a list of your online drivers. An icon to the left of each driver's helmet will indicate if you can join their session either as a driver or spectator.

- There is a new setting on the general tab of the settings panel that enables you to hide your online status from other members. At this time this is a simple toggle on/off. If you decide to hide your status, people who have you on their friends or studied list or search for your information will see see "Member information is private" next to your name on the "My racers" page.

- There is a new label beneath the iRacing logo on the top left of the member’s site UI that dynamically updates to display the total number of unique iRacers who have been online in the last 2 hours.

16. Bram

Bram

Yeah i saw those fragments on the SRT episode. Pretty neat feature to track your friends and now actually be able to check them out competely. Nice addition!