1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Accord 07 Skin Help

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Erik Tveit, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Hello!
    [​IMG]

I was giving the make a skin thing a try. And I ain't any good so, I wonder if anyone can finish this is the same style I started, or something to do it better. So here the start is in full size: http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/4996163/img/Picture-Box/hoonda.jpeg
    The file is saved as jpeg, but easy save do it to dds with: save as/write the name, and change the picture type.

Any help is appreciated!

2. A jpeg isn't much good because it lacks all the layers that are in the usual templates. (dirt, shading, parts, etc) It means you'll be painting over all that detail, which results in a car which looks very bright and odd when in-game.

3. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Ok, I may wrote wrong. Because what I meant is, this is the paint here layer. The rest is in the teamplate that are in your program files.

4. Hi Erik, have you checked out my Skinning Tutorial yet?

It only uses open source software, and covers all the basics. Might help you out!

5. Erik, what exactly are you going for on that skin? Did you want the Red Bull decal to appear correctly, or were you wanting it to look like it was missing parts?

6. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Hmm, I've changed it a bit now. But the plan is to make it near this:

[​IMG]

7. Will put something together and post it and see how you like it. Might take a couple of days to get it done though.

8. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

No, don't do that.

I made this:

[​IMG]

9. The writing on the bonnet needs to be flipped. The writting on the right side needs to be flipped. Only the bonnet requires mirrored.

Other than that, nice work man :)

10. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I found that out when I saw it ingame. :)

11. looks good:)

i did the same livery for the chevrolet : p

12. i wanted to make a skin for the honda. i downloaded the template but tis is how it looks... My problem is i cant see the hood or the sides.. can anybody help?

Attached Files:

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

That's what my template looks like. If it looked like the others, I'd have a Honda skin in my garage!
    So, I'll wait with you :rolleyes:

14. My problem for me is that every skintemplate looks like this... example the template of the bmw320si e90

Attached Files:

15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Yes I see that too. I turned on all the layers and it still looks basically like that. There are skins so there will be answers coming soon!

16. ya... i just wanted to start and now that... but we'll have to wait for now.

17. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Hey Till,

while this might not sound like an ideal solution, may I suggest trying to use Paint.NET (+PSD plugin)? I've just tried opening both the Honda and BMW skin (downloaded from our resources) with Paint.NET and they opened fine, shading included - if you'd like to continue using GIMP, maybe just re-save the file and then switch back to GIMP, might already help :)

18. hi,
    thanks for such a fast answer :) and it helped. I downloaded Paint.NET and the Plugin. After that i resaved the template-file with Paint.NET and i opened it with GIMP, and it worked :)
    Thanks so much

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you still want to use GIMP, try moving the shading layer out on its own. On some car templates the shading layer is in the wrong group and doesn't show properly
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1