HoiHman Race Rig & Rims showcase

Having a lot of fun trying out EA WRC and i haven't even set it up properly yet.
The whole tactile set in Simhub still needs to be done properly, but i think i have the basics of the motion covered.

Fingers crossed EA supprises us with a proper VR release this week :)
(do not buy VorpX to try WRC in VR, because it sucks.....)

Last edited:
I did a full engine overhaul on the BMW trackcar a couple of months ago

IMG_20230820_124639.jpg

After that there was the mandatory run in period of 1500km, which is not fun which a car that's not ment to be driven on normal roads.

Yesterday i took to the track for the first time again. It was a wet day at Zandvoort, but that doesn't mean it's less fun.

View attachment 716868

After that there was the mandatory run in period of 1500km, which is not fun which a car that's not ment to be driven on normal roads.

Yesterday i took to the track for the first time again. It was a wet day at Zandvoort, but that doesn't mean it's less fun.

View attachment 716868

Hello Just send you a DM.

Regards.

Nice BMW.

Do you notice any benefits from simracing that carry over into real life track? What do you typically do while simracing to help maximize your real life performance?
Thanks,

Sim racing helps a lot for getting to know the track layout and driving lines. Especially when you race in VR with laser guided tracks it feels like you already have been there, event though it's your first time on track in real life.

In real life you will be extra careful at those corners where you easily made a mistake in the sim.

On my very first lap ever on the Nordschleife i overtook 6 cars, which almost all had more horsepower and were potentially faster. I assume they were probably, just like me, driving there for the first time :D

So it definitively helps a lot, but it stops there.

In real life you can only go off once. The fear factor of knowing that one mistake can be very costly and/or very dangerous is a huge factor. Second the adrenaline makes the real thing so much different from the sim.

I did catch some slides in real life but i'm not sure if i would have lost the car of not without sim racing experience, since it is a natural reaction to what the car is doing.

To sum up, sim racing does help for preparing for track day on unknown tracks of big tracks like the Nordschleife.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.