HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Will it be something like 2-3 car model to choose from 90s 2-3 from 2000 2-3 from 201* and 1 from 202* ?
Or will it be something like 1 car from every era 90 upwards to choose?
@kedy89 I saw that you released the 2018 mod... I would probably use it then if it is not a problem... Can you send the model file and the skin file so it can be painted and viewed probably in zmodeler ?
I compiled it, I didn't make any of the cars, so no can do.

Also maybe wait until Aidan's actually announced anything before you get started.

Pre-season tends to be a lot of getting skins to work, getting models in the game, getting tyre and helmet positions sorted.
I'd maybe be at the point of insisting that the skin and model files need to be ready to go.

So the positions are given, the model is ready to go and the skin file is simply dropped in. Then it's probably okay to keep the shapes different? I know in previous years there's been so much editing to do and I'm not hugely keen on that. Flipping files, renaming model pathways, having to find positions myself. It can easily start stretching to a few hours if I have a few of them to do.

Pre-season tends to be a lot of getting skins to work, getting models in the game, getting tyre and helmet positions sorted.
I'd maybe be at the point of insisting that the skin and model files need to be ready to go.

So the positions are given, the model is ready to go and the skin file is simply dropped in. Then it's probably okay to keep the shapes different? I know in previous years there's been so much editing to do and I'm not hugely keen on that. Flipping files, renaming model pathways, having to find positions myself. It can easily start stretching to a few hours if I have a few of them to do.
Maybe assign every competitor a GP4 team file in which they have to make their car work? Then you should get 10 ready to go file structures which can just get copy pasted in if i'm right?

keim.jpg
Hello old friend, it's been a while

Maybe assign every competitor a GP4 team file in which they have to make their car work? Then you should get 10 ready to go file structures which can just get copy pasted in if i'm right?
Apart from skinning I have no idea how to make a GP4 car and test it how Aidan wants it. This won't work for many of us

I'll be honest with all of you...I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Making skins and team files and....some other things. Never learned it. Never modded anything before. Not really any time to learn now. Not having much time is probably why 2 or 3 of my game ideas never got past the brainstorming stage.

maybe we could have a middle ground - custom shapes for those that are willing to set up the GP4 files and tweaker values for Aidan, and a universal shape for those that can't/don't want to

Last edited:
I'll be honest with all of you...I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Making skins and team files and....some other things. Never learned it. Never modded anything before. Not really any time to learn now. Not having much time is probably why 2 or 3 of my game ideas never got past the brainstorming stage.
FFG (Formula Forum Games) was the peak of the forum games section back in the day, 10 teams, 10 managing players, 20 players as drivers and a grid of custom painted cars from all F1 eras on the legendary Grand Prix 4 game. it was the best

Last edited:
I am maybe thinking of having a small pool of car shapes, make it easier for people to work with.
So in maybe having like, 10-15 shapes, I can just refer to values and whack things in. Of course, if I setup a nice little file system knowing shapes and what needed to be done, could streamline things.

I dunno I'm remembering all the annoying parts of the moderation stuff and I'm not sure if I could do it better nowadays. We'll see though.

Thing is, a few of us have started taking part in RD Club Racing. Lesley has been joining my Monday night races on rFactor 2 for a few months now, and Aidan came along earlier this week too. If any of you have rF2 and want to come and join in some fun races, it is Rookie Week this week, so you can come and try the races with a nice easy car and track combination. I have waived the Premium requirement for this race, so you can come and have a go and see if it's worth the investment (spoiler alert, it is!)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%