high radiation from thrustmaster tx base

hi guys,
I started to get headaches when I play sim racing with my wheel so I checked the radiation and it showed a really high and super dangerous to human health so I stopped playing with the base for a while now after daily use and I searched all over the internet and fount nothing if somebody has the same problem or knows something about it i would love it if you could reply with some information

I measured it with a emf detector and it showed 77 milligauss that what i have read from the internet 4 milligauss is safe so 77 is not ideal i would say
OK, so you've backed away a little from "really high and super dangerous to human health"?

Quoting a (tiny!) magnetic field strength without mentioning the frequency of the field (DC? 50 Hz? 1 MHz? 1 GHz?) makes the measurement meaningless in terms of EMF safety. What's the frequency of this field?

Upvote 0
just so you know the highest radiation source in most households are old wireless telephones. Modern 4G and 5G mobile uses laughable strength compared to old analogue TV and radio for example to.

but yeah without any frequency we can't say at all what you measured and if its in any way dangerous. Thrustmaster will have their own test labs and will design their products for world wide consumer safety spec and tolerances, and EM radiation is among those.

Upvote 0
OK, so you've backed away a little from "really high and super dangerous to human health"?

Quoting a (tiny!) magnetic field strength without mentioning the frequency of the field (DC? 50 Hz? 1 MHz? 1 GHz?) makes the measurement meaningless in terms of EMF safety. What's the frequency of this field?
16 Hz - 32 kHz that was the frequency does that say anything?

Upvote 0
16 Hz - 32 kHz that was the frequency does that say anything?
The health effects of magnetic fields are not hugely well understood, for sure. But a field of 77 milligauss at those frequencies is (if I'm reading this document correctly, and see also here) less than a tenth of the "action level" listed in "The Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016" (which basically sets the legal framework for UK employers).
(For info, 77 milligauss is 7.7 microTesla.)
How close to the wheel were you holding the meter when you got that measurement? Probably closer than your head would be? Magnetic field strengths tend to fall extremely rapidly with increasing distance from the source.
Honestly, I'd be inclined to think that your headaches are unrelated to the electrical currents flowing within the wheel. You might want to try running the wheel with the force feedback turned off. With a G27, I can literally unplug the main PSU and the wheel still works perfectly but without any FFB of course; even if your wheel doesn't allow that, you can still dial the FFB down to very low or zero levels I'm sure.

Upvote 0
The know all know nothing clowns are out in full force, we have two of these wheels and we have also noticed the bad effects, that is why I am here, this is the only place on the web that mentions the problem, not only do they cause headaches but they also cause skin irritation on the arms, you are right to be worried and the know alls need to pull their rather fat heads in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
iu

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Honestly, I'd be inclined to think that your headaches are unrelated to the electrical currents flowing within the wheel.
If it improves throughout the day, it's definitely not EMF related.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 101 91.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 40 36.4%