Heusinkveld Pedals PS4 help please.

Hello,

I am in a bit of a bind.

I am basically slowly upgrading my ts300rs a component at a time. When I do that, I get the best I can talk myself into. Eventually I'll end up with a direct drive 8020 rig. And currently I'm on PS4.

I was going to buy a V3 pedal set with a drivehub. I talked myself into going for the Heusinkveld Sprints. Ive b been trying to buy Heusinkveld pedals and they are always sold out. They were out of stock and suddenly they were when I checked, I impulse bought them, and it hit me that I dont know if they'll work.

I assumed a drivehub would allow them to work with PS4. Research is showing they may not work. There is some information about a beta 17 fix on a chronusmax forum. But it is vague. I already ordered these $700+ pedals with mount plate from the Netherlands. I can probably cancel the order but as I somehow managed to order them when they are always out of stock-I want to be sure they will or will not work. Obviously I need to know this quickly and really would appreciate any information.

https://heusinkveld.com/products/sim-pedals/sim-pedals-sprint/?v=7516fd43adaa

https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/192557-Heusinkveld-Sprint-Pedals-supported

Thank you in advance,

Last edited:
Reading through the cronusmax forum, it does look like it will work, although as you point out not out of the box, you'll have to get hold of the beta firmware, and with that of course, there's no guarantees.

However, if you dont yet have a drivehub, why not put the 100 euros or so towards a decent gaming PC, where all this stuff can just be forgotten.

I'm not PC master race or any thing, but if that's the way you are heading eventually, why not take a jump in the right direction. The same sims and racers are SO much better even on a mid range PC. Also - if you don't have a decent rig, the sprints won't be much use as they need a fair bit of force on that brake.

I'd be tempted to cancel the sprints, not buy a drivehub, and start down the PC or rig route myself.

Everyone's route is different, of course, and your current pedals may be failing, so I've only got a quick snapshot of the situation.

Good luck on your quest, racer. :)

Upvote 0
Exactly right about everything. This started out as a PS4 pro buy, and I remember how much I loved GT. So I got sport, then looked into wheels, bought a G29, took it back, got a T300. Desk was crappy bought a Apex stand. Now looking at seat etc etc. I haven't touched any other games other than GT sport in a month. So this is a console buy that turned into a sim obsession and now I want it all-8020, DD, great pedals, eventually a PC and either monitors or VR. Pretty much have everthing picked out.

My plan was to slide into this a little slower than dropping, with PC 3-4K or something. So I will probably cancel the order. Probably go with V3's than get a CSP V2.5 sometime after. I really don't dislike the TM wheel for now. Then a 4Play rig because I'm in the states and I'm not paying the ridiculous shipping for a simlab. I'll eventually sell that except for the 4play and get a DD, good pedals and PC.

I had talked myself into skipping a pedal step and dish out $700 instead of $400 on the V3s.

I hit the buy button, and it hit me about situation. Even the drivehub site just lists the typical low end gear it will incorporate. Nothing about upper level equipment. Nothing other than TM, Logitech and most of the Fanatec.

And you're right about my little rig, I'll stomp on the Heusinkvelds and my stand will slide 3ft.

I have a email to the head coder at Collective Minds-Drivehub, evidently he is aware of this issue and will have either a yes or no.

Long winded, I know,

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi Wagz,

I've been were you are now, and also started this hobby with a PS4 (G29 and a Playseat Challenge), mainly playing GT and AC.

Since this started to grow on me I also started to upgrade things one by one. First the wheel/pedals to a T300 (just like you) and after the rig, pc, etc.

So, just to give you my input, I think the best path is to start by the base. For that I think the first steps would be upgrading you rig (I bought myself a Simetik K2), since this will be imperative for the rest of the upgrades, and a PC. Without a doubt these were the 2 things that had a bigger impact for me because it opened a new world of possibilities (more games, VR, mods, possibility to add better and more stuff to the rig, etc.).

Now I ended up with a Fanatec DD1, V3 pedals, gearbox, handbrake, etc. without having to concern with compatibility issues or flexing on the rig...

As you know, or probably already understood by others on this forum, this is a never ending process. We are always trying to improve things here and there in order to have the max immersion/fun as possible (limited by the money that we can spend of course :D). So if you start with a good base (which you'll not need to change for longer), you'll be able to focus more on the small things and evolve this hobby with time.

You can relate this to a car. Always start by the base (chassis) and then the rest comes according to it's importance (engine - PC, input controls, etc.). Buying Ferrari brakes (pedals) and put them on an Opel Corsa doesn't make much sense to me ;) (hope this analogy makes sense).

Upvote 0
Then a 4Play rig because I'm in the states and I'm not paying the ridiculous shipping for a simlab.

Just a data point:
I am on the West Coast of the US -- I ordered a Simlab P1X on Jan 1, and *shipped* it is the same price if not cheaper than other aluminum profile based rigs. Ordered their excellent triple monitor setup as well -- cheaper shipped than anything else on the market. The P1X, shipped to California, is $827.xx based on todays Euro-USD exchange rate.

Cheers,
DJM

Upvote 0
All good thoughts. I think a lot of us start slow (I was ps4, with Project Cars, WRC and a Playseat. In fact hell, a PS2, a OG playseat, and a logitech wheel ! :p ).

I've now had I think 5 rigs, Playseat, Playseat Evo, TraKRacer RS8, TrakRacer RS6, and finally a SimLab GT1 (not the evo, the OG) and an endless loop of kit as I climbed the ladder. If I could offer a titbit - if you are anything like me, buying 'sensible' budget simply doesn't work. I should have just bought a SimLabs at the get-go. I'd have saved a fortune.

Go SimLab, if you ask me. The 4play rigs (I looked at them too) didn't quite seem so robust as the simlab equivalent price. It may have changed since I looked of course....

Upvote 0
Great stuff guys, thanks.

So-I got a response from "the guy" at Collective minds last night. To quote-"Yes, they work. I have a set and they work great." I asked if he was using a PS4 and if it is a specific patch- "just the latest f/w." I also found this while searching, a guy is using it successfully:

So the pedals and drivehub are on the way, I got the baseplate with the pedals also. So I guess I'm skipping a pedal step. I've always been one who researches and beleives in buying the best product out there. Basically buy it right, buy it once. I've always been glad I did, when I didn't, I always wish I had.

So now, as said-my wheelstand and desk chair aren't going to cut it with real pedals. These actually work by the way for keeping you chair from rolling, doesn't budge.

But it still swiveling rocking mess. So listening to people above I'm going with a Simlab. It isn't drastically more than the 4play even with $200 in shipping. The P1 would be as djm68 said a little over $800. The 4play basic is $630+tax so not night and day different. After looking more at pictures of the 4play and comparing, the 4play just seems very basic without as many options for adjustments, rudimentary. The pedal adjustment and overall refinement and tweeks to the rig just seems worth it for the Simlab. The GT1 Evo would be less and only come to a tad over $600.

There are a number of discussions between the two in forums. Some say the P1 is overkill, beyond even DD needs and that the GT1 is plenty solid enough and the adjustable pedal plate it comes with it is great. I'm not sure so any feedback about which one is the way to go would be awesome.

Either one will need a seat, this is where I am lost for sure. I have read everything I can find. Options look to be the $180-$200 dollar Amazon ones with so so reviews but may be OK, I dont know. The GT Omega one for about $190 but has mediocre reviews usally, flexy. Or some say a car seat from a junkyard is cheaper and much more of a seat than the previous ones mentioned. I have no idea what car to even try, it's said to get a manual passenger seat (can't remember the last time I was in a manual seat, so what would the selection be like?) but then you have the they may not have a level, centered mounting setup. And then there's drop some dough on a decent name brand racing seat. If I could save on something I think it would be on the seat choice, maybe I'm wrong. Completely lost here.

Anyway thanks for the help and I will update on how the pedals work with the PS4.

Fast laps to all.

Upvote 0

But it still swiveling rocking mess. So listening to people above I'm going with a Simlab. It isn't drastically more than the 4play even with $200 in shipping. The P1 would be as djm68 said a little over $800. The 4play basic is $630+tax so not night and day different. After looking more at pictures of the 4play and comparing, the 4play just seems very basic without as many options for adjustments, rudimentary. The pedal adjustment and overall refinement and tweeks to the rig just seems worth it for the Simlab. The GT1 Evo would be less and only come to a tad over $600.

There are a number of discussions between the two in forums. Some say the P1 is overkill, beyond even DD needs and that the GT1 is plenty solid enough and the adjustable pedal plate it comes with it is great. I'm not sure so any feedback about which one is the way to go would be awesome.

Fast laps to all.

I went through a similar consideration when I was planning my rig build. I thought I'd go for something along the lines of a 'high-end consumer' setup such as Fanatec wheel and pedals, and something from Rseat for the rig. Doing my research, I quickly dismissed Fanatec due to their consistent poor record of customer support. Spending a lot of time on the forums, I was convinced my Simlab was the way to go due to their superior design, cost-to-quality, and really great support.

Ultimately, I went nuts and spent quite a bit. After having built everything, I do think some parts of my build are 'overkill' as you say. The P1X is absolutely solid -- it is like a tank. If you are price sensitive, I do think the GT1 Evo is a great rig as well, and being totally honest, I am fairly certain the GT1 Evo would work for my use case as well, even with my Bodnar 53 wheel; I am not sure about the DD wheel mount for the GT1, but looks like Simlabs has a solution. That said, given the overall cost of building a rig, the $200-ish to go from a GT1 to P1X, I'd say it is worth saving up a bit longer, especially if you plan to keep the rig from a number of years -- the P1X has more room for growth into the future.

Trakracer offers a few options that might be worth considering, but I'd probably select the GT1 Evo at this price point:

Hope this helps,
DJM

Upvote 0

So-I got a response from "the guy" at Collective minds last night. To quote-"Yes, they work. I have a set and they work great." I asked if he was using a PS4 and if it is a specific patch- "just the latest f/w." I also found this while searching, a guy is using it successfully:

So the pedals and drivehub are on the way, I got the baseplate with the pedals also. So I guess I'm skipping a pedal step. I've always been one who researches and beleives in buying the best product out there. Basically buy it right, buy it once. I've always been glad I did, when I didn't, I always wish I had.

So now, as said-my wheelstand and desk chair aren't going to cut it with real pedals. These actually work by the way for keeping you chair from rolling, doesn't budge.

Either one will need a seat, this is where I am lost for sure. I have read everything I can find. Options look to be the $180-$200 dollar Amazon ones with so so reviews but may be OK, I dont know. The GT Omega one for about $190 but has mediocre reviews usally, flexy. Or some say a car seat from a junkyard is cheaper and much more of a seat than the previous ones mentioned. I have no idea what car to even try, it's said to get a manual passenger seat (can't remember the last time I was in a manual seat, so what would the selection be like?) but then you have the they may not have a level, centered mounting setup. And then there's drop some dough on a decent name brand racing seat. If I could save on something I think it would be on the seat choice, maybe I'm wrong. Completely lost here.

Anyway thanks for the help and I will update on how the pedals work with the PS4.

Fast laps to all.

Don't forget that the seat will be the main contact point with your body. To have a comfortable one, specially for longer sessions, will make a big difference for your back and hips.

Upvote 0

Fast laps to all.

Hi Wagz,
Did you get the Sprints in the end and did they work with DriveHub/PS4 ?
I'm in a similar boat to you, brought a rig, upgraded from a T300 to DD1 and Sprints and mainly race on PC
However I do occasionally use the PS4 to race against some friends, so I have been looking at a DriveHub
So if you did end up with sprints and DriveHub any feedback would be much appreciated
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Wagz,
Did you get the Sprints in the end and did they work with DriveHub/PS4 ?
I'm in a similar boat to you, brought a rig, upgraded from a T300 to DD1 and Sprints and mainly race on PC
However I do occasionally use the PS4 to race against some friends, so I have been looking at a DriveHub
So if you did end up with sprints and DriveHub any feedback would be much appreciated
Thanks

that's where I am now. Wagz didn't reply, but did you go for it anyway, Skid Solo? Do they work?

Upvote 0
No
that's where I am now. Wagz didn't reply, but did you go for it anyway, Skid Solo? Do they work?
No I'm nervous about plugging in some very expensive kit to a box that I haven't got any feedback on, and I've put the question in a couple of places without response
Not sure what to do next

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you nervous about using the drive hub box?

i used drivehub for my fanatec kit on the PS4 and worked without skipping a beat, the box itself is fine, it’s just if the emulator works with sprints

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea