Heusinkveld or Simtag clutch pedal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1451080
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1451080

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only answer that question for the Sprint pedals which have a distinct "two stage action" .

But I can only feel it when moving the pedal with my hand, not in "start mode" with my foot.
There I have to memorize the "slipping point"

Which is exactly the same in all the (street) cars I´ve checked for the effect.
I can feel the bite point by the car moving and the feel in engine noise/vibration, but the pedal doesn´t have a noticeable bite point.

Here was a build thread where a fabricator build a clutch pedal that actuated a small clutch spring plate from an actual car with minimal leverage. He abandoned the thought because he couldn´t establish the bite feel he wanted.

There is a relatively new pedalset on the market where the clutch pedal pushes a milled aluminium block through a curved ramp. That should give a distinctive two stage feel. All billet aluminium and anodized black. I´m afraid I don´t rember the name and couldn´t find it with a quick search.

MFG Carsten

Edith:
It´s the Simagic pedals set.

I have the HE pro clutch pedal and it feels similar to a real clutch pedal in that you can feel it get lighter the further you push the pedal down so I guess yes as that's what it's trying to simulate but in saying that I removed it from my rig as I found I never needed it or used it and if I do ever need a clutch I have a dual clutch on my Mclaren GT3 wheel and would use that.

Barry reviewed Racewerk pedals, which clutch has no degressive action.
In another review, Barry noted that none of the hydraulic sim pedal sets feel like real car hydraulics.
In reviews of clutch pedals with degressive action, Barry often reports that engagement sensation is not noted in use.
The only time I recall Barry being favorably impressed by sim clutch feel was with ProtoSimTech pedals.

Barry reviewed Racewerk pedals, which clutch has no degressive action.
In another review, Barry noted that none of the hydraulic sim pedal sets feel like real car hydraulics.
In reviews of clutch pedals with degressive action, Barry often reports that engagement sensation is not noted in use.
The only time I recall Barry being favorably impressed by sim clutch feel was with ProtoSimTech pedals.

Jeah, looked at them too and was tempted to try something similar with my Frankenstein T3PA pro.
Good catch @blekenbleu .
Shame the the Proto simtech are defunct.

MFG Carsten

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I didn´t find a way to "adjust the bite point", it´s on a fixed part of the travel.
You can adjust the force by adding pretension on the spring, other than that therse´s no ( mechanical) adjustment.

How do you suggest to adjust it in Smart control because I could use a better clutch start?;)

MFG Carsten

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 197115

Just get clutch pedal matching the rest of your pedal set, it can't work standalone without controller coming with it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.