1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Here's why I can't play pCars....why? why? why?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Azfalt Raser, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC Premium Member

I was pretty disappointed with the ffb with pCars when it came out, but the graphics were great.

Tonight, I tried pCars again and the ffb was pretty good - even though I haven't changed any settings. So, I bought the DLC US cars pack. Everything seemed to work fine. Then, after a pitstop, here's what I end up with as my driver's cockpit view. I've had this bug since the 1st patch. I can't believe it hasn't been fixed since.
    I call this the Mark Webber view.
    How do I fix this?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Dennis

RedShift Racing Staff

Looks like an issue with your profile data. Make a backup of your pcars folder in My Documents as well as of your userdata folder (X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<yoursteamuserid>\234630\local\project cars) and then delete both.

My profile got corrupted after some patch very early on so I could never see any empty dedicated servers until I deleted all my profile data last week.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yes try it it works.
  4. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC Premium Member

Why is it that a "patch" would corrupt files? Isn't it supposed to "FIX" issues?
    If patches are corrupting files, then something needs to change in their patches.
    And why does the game work and then in mid-game, suddenly the files are corrupted?
    Just doesn't make sense.
    Just rhetorical questions. I'll give it a try.
  5. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC Premium Member

Much appreciated. fixed it.
    Wow, I didn't know there was a voice that narrated or guided you through the game process. Interesting.