Help with blurry .dds textures...

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
Hi!
I've modified a skin from a mod for personal use. I did it in gimp with its dds plugin. It all worked, I've tested it in Test Day and it's alright.
The thing is, I wanted to add drivers because this mod comes with only two drivers. It's a great car and I want to race with it, not only practice... so I've put the same skin for every driver.
Every driver file is well configured but when I load 13 AI's (and me) for a race, all textures (including cockpit textures) are blurred out as hell. All cars are blurred.
My first guess: "must be a GIMP compression issue" ...nope. It turns to be this: Loading 1 single car in Test Day, fine textures. Loading 14 cars for a race, blurred textures.

Does anyone know what can be happening?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've just tried to load a race with 1 AI (2 total cars), blurred textures.

Go in the options and set opponents car detail to max...
This worked and I don't know why. If I crank down the opponent detail to medium, every other mod/reiza official content works okay, no blur in my car.
Otherwise, with this mod, adding more drivers and duplicating dds files for them, makes the textures to blur out when loading more than 1 car?
Can someone explain why? It'll surely help me to modify things so I can set opponent detail to medium and have fine textures.

Anyways, thanks for the help DaVeX :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea