Help regarding qualifying, can't start car.

Edit: NVM restarting game and steam didn't fix it but a PC restart did. weird.

I'm finally getting back into my older sims for a bit, fired up R3E and decided to do a DTM '13 season, set it all up. Practised ok,quit out to see how it saves the game state (as I'd forgotten!), went back into the season and did Q1 and was first, did Q2 and was first. quit to have my grub, went back to season to do Q3 and my car won't start. :( so I'm dead in the water.

I don't have started or ignition mapped so the game usually starts the car for me, but it didn't this time (unlike for Practise, Q1, Q2). I mapped the buttons but it still won't start.

Is there a solution? Or do I have to restart? Is it possible to restart as I can't remember seeing the option to restart (IIRC it's rename, delete or continue). Is there a way to for the game remember a template for the tracks or do I have to set the tracks up everytime?

finally if there is no "restart" option where are the customs seasons stored so I can create one and back it up to insert in to save time and faffing around. (I really miss the way I could just select the complete DTM '13 Experience from a menu option back in the day)

Last edited:
At the end of the qualifying session, there should be a pole shootout where the remaining cars do one timed lap alone on track. Maybe you have to wait for the AI cars to finish their laps first?

You should always be able to restart the current session as long as you don't move on to the next one.

The championships are saved in the Steam userdata folder.

At the end of the qualifying session, there should be a pole shootout where the remaining cars do one timed lap alone on track. Maybe you have to wait for the AI cars to finish their laps first?

You should always be able to restart the current session as long as you don't move on to the next one.

The championships are saved in the Steam userdata folder.
I hadn't got to that part as it was between q2 and q3, but it worked fine when I restarted the PC, and Q4 was indeed a shootout, confused me at first! Next time I'll do all of quali at the same time!

Thanks for the info on the savedata, although when a championship is completed does the game let you restart it again from the beginning?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea