Help needed - Fanatec wheel some buttons not functioning properly in AC

Mr. Malarkey

Premium
Hello all -

I have recently run into a problem with my Fanatec wheel buttons not functioning properly in AC. I have all of the buttons on my wheel mapped to various functions, which I've done in the Assetto Corsa settings tab in Content Manager.

CM is properly recognizing all of the buttons. But, in-game, none of the buttons on the bottom half of the wheel are doing what they've been mapped to do.

I thought perhaps the problem was that most of those buttons are mapped to system functions that are marked as "non-default operations" in CM (for example, "Start race," "Teleport to pits," etc). One of the buttons was mapped to "Restart Session," and as part of testing I switched it to "Restart Race," which is a default operation, and it worked. But I have a button mapped to "Pause," which is also a default operation, and that one doesn't work.

This is a huge mystery to me. I've reinstalled the Fanatec driver and updated all the firmware, but that didn't help at all. I have no idea if the problem is being caused by the wheel, by CM, by AC, or something entirely different.

If anyone knows of a solution, or how to troubleshoot this further, or of anywhere I might be able to turn for technical help, I would be very appreciative.

I am using:

Windows 10
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase
Clubsport Universal Hub V1 and V2 (I have two different ones)
Content Manager 0.8.2633.39678
Assetto Corsa

Got the same exact problem today, button work for pausing the game or turn on the headlight, but reset the vr view, handbrake, setting the abs/traction control dont work.
And it's not the button because I tried to assign reset vr view to the one I used for the light and it still didn't worked. If you find a way, please tell me

Got the same exact problem today, button work for pausing the game or turn on the headlight, but reset the vr view, handbrake, setting the abs/traction control dont work.
And it's not the button because I tried to assign reset vr view to the one I used for the light and it still didn't worked. If you find a way, please tell me

I have not, at least not yet. I've been struggling with it for weeks now. The Fanatec properties, CM, and Windows are all showing the buttons working properly. I haven't had time to do it yet, since I'm going to have to copy all of my mods etc and that will take a while, but my next step is to reinstall AC. If you decide to give that a try and it works, please let me know.

I have not, at least not yet. I've been struggling with it for weeks now. The Fanatec properties, CM, and Windows are all showing the buttons working properly. I haven't had time to do it yet, since I'm going to have to copy all of my mods etc and that will take a while, but my next step is to reinstall AC. If you decide to give that a try and it works, please let me know.
Right now I've installed "JoyToKey" which let me bind my wheel button to keyboard shortcut. It do the trick but it's annoying to have to use a third party.

For me the bug start when I've upgraded my CSP, it comes with several other bugs so I did go back to 1.79.
But I still have trouble with the buttons. again, some works, but some actions just don't want to work

No, I only start it up when I'm going to do some racing. Do you think that could be something that is affecting the buttons?
Sort of. I have the same issue with the "System" button mappings not registering, but my paddle shifters work fine. I found out that this problem only shows up when my steering wheel is connected to my PC after starting Content Manager.

I used to have CM auto-start with Windows, but stopped after finding the solution.
This problem also shows up when I change steering wheels with Content Manager open. I have to close and re-open CM after switching wheels. Then I load my saved wheel profile, and all will be well.

Sort of. I have the same issue with the "System" button mappings not registering, but my paddle shifters work fine. I found out that this problem only shows up when my steering wheel is connected to my PC after starting Content Manager.

I used to have CM auto-start with Windows, but stopped after finding the solution.
This problem also shows up when I change steering wheels with Content Manager open. I have to close and re-open CM after switching wheels. Then I load my saved wheel profile, and all will be well.
Plugging any kind of controller in AFTER starting CM causes most of my controls to quit working. Looking at the controls page, everything is still mapped and has the same name, just wont register input.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea