Help Improving Extrusion Rig

I need some help modifying and strengthening my TK Racer Pro rig. I want to stop any pedal plate flex and make sure the rig is capable of any future hardware.

Pedal plate is thick but only has 40x40 going across the top and bottom under it, allowing the middle to flex with my Simtrec pedals. I think a 40x120 or 40x80 going across the middle under it should eliminate any flex? Maybe one more 40x40 is enough, or I should try bracing vertically underneath instead of horizontal? If I do either, should I screw the pedals into the profile underneath instead of using the current nuts?

The uprights are 40x80 and I would like to swap them out for 40x120. I have a Simagic Alpha Mini and notice a good amount of vibration in my monitor that's directly mounted to the uprights (gas arm). Not sure if this will help or I need to get a standalone monitor mount (prefer not to use more space). The 40x120 would be better on an upgraded wheel base later?

I want to multipurpose my rig by adding dual flight sticks. To save money I was thinking to cut the current shifter horizontal arm in half to use as vertical support on each side (would match current height). Then reuse the 40x80 uprights to be horizontal shifter arms (would leave longer length?).

Lastly, I had an idea for a pivot arm for my right side flight stick using the short 40x40 from the shifter arm to be on a hinge to rotate out of way 180 degrees away from shifter when not in use. Or if someone has a cheap quick release idea I'm all ears.

My rig is in a corner blocking left side and front of pedals.

Attachments

• hm.jpg
    hm.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 86
I need some help modifying and strengthening my TK Racer Pro rig. I want to stop any pedal plate flex and make sure the rig is capable of any future hardware.

Pedal plate is thick but only has 40x40 going across the top and bottom under it, allowing the middle to flex with my Simtrec pedals. I think a 40x120 or 40x80 going across the middle under it should eliminate any flex? Maybe one more 40x40 is enough, or I should try bracing vertically underneath instead of horizontal? If I do either, should I screw the pedals into the profile underneath instead of using the current nuts?

The uprights are 40x80 and I would like to swap them out for 40x120. I have a Simagic Alpha Mini and notice a good amount of vibration in my monitor that's directly mounted to the uprights (gas arm). Not sure if this will help or I need to get a standalone monitor mount (prefer not to use more space). The 40x120 would be better on an upgraded wheel base later?

I want to multipurpose my rig by adding dual flight sticks. To save money I was thinking to cut the current shifter horizontal arm in half to use as vertical support on each side (would match current height). Then reuse the 40x80 uprights to be horizontal shifter arms (would leave longer length?).

Lastly, I had an idea for a pivot arm for my right side flight stick using the short 40x40 from the shifter arm to be on a hinge to rotate out of way 180 degrees away from shifter when not in use. Or if someone has a cheap quick release idea I'm all ears.

My rig is in a corner blocking left side and front of pedals.
Some good questions. I have been asking about a TK Racer cockpit as well in the below link.

Sorry if this is hijacking your thread, but wondering if you feel this was a good choice, or if you wish you had gone with something else? One of the reasons I was looking is my pedal plate and wheel deck are a little weak for the hardware I currenlty have on it, and you mention you are having some pedal flex. I am wanting to avoid having to upgrade again in the future, as I ignored the buy once cry once rule many times in the past. Hoping my next rig is as flex free as possible. Any review you could give on this would be great. I wish I could help you with your questions, and would also like to see the answers you get in case I end up purchasing this rig as well.

It was mentioned 7n the other TK Rig thread that you can buy (or design yourself) a pedal deck from profiles.

I have on my DIY rig and it's sturdy enough for my maxed out Sprints.

40x120 uprights are enough for my Simucube SC2 pro (limited to 20nm)

If you feel it flex to much you could connect the uprights with a 40x120 at the bottom to keep the "main stays" from twisting.

MFG Carsten

Some good questions. I have been asking about a TK Racer cockpit as well in the below link.

Sorry if this is hijacking your thread, but wondering if you feel this was a good choice, or if you wish you had gone with something else? One of the reasons I was looking is my pedal plate and wheel deck are a little weak for the hardware I currenlty have on it, and you mention you are having some pedal flex. I am wanting to avoid having to upgrade again in the future, as I ignored the buy once cry once rule many times in the past. Hoping my next rig is as flex free as possible. Any review you could give on this would be great. I wish I could help you with your questions, and would also like to see the answers you get in case I end up purchasing this rig as well.
I'm happy with it for the price I paid. I was looking at Trak Racer, Rigmetal, and ASR but this was the best value for me (paid $630 locally). I considered the GT Omega Prime too, but seeing how thin their extrusions were internally compared to everyone else scared me away.

I have strong pedals (Simtrecs) and see some very minor flex in the middle of the pedal plate. I am going to just add another piece of extrusion to eliminate this hopefully. Alternatively, I could just remove the pedal plate and screw into the extrusion directly out of the box for zero flex but I like the look.

I don't think my modifications listed up top are necessary. I don't notice any flex from my Simagic Alpha Mini. I'm only considering changing the uprights to 40x120 so I can reuse the current uprights as side rails to mount accesories. I rather buy 40x120 to upgrade these than buy new 40x80 for slightly less cost.

The pedal plate is maybe the only weak link but other brands have similar or worse designs that would have more flex unless screwing into the extrusions directly which you can do with the TK anyway.

It was mentioned 7n the other TK Rig thread that you can buy (or design yourself) a pedal deck from profiles.

I have on my DIY rig and it's sturdy enough for my maxed out Sprints.

40x120 uprights are enough for my Simucube SC2 pro (limited to 20nm)

If you feel it flex to much you could connect the uprights with a 40x120 at the bottom to keep the "main stays" from twisting.

MFG Carsten
I need to get at least two more pieces of extrusion for my left side accessory rail. So instead of buying 40x80 for that, I was thinking to buy 40x120 for the uprights and use the old 40x80 uprights for the side rails. Then my current siderail gets cut in half for the vertical support under the "new" 40x80 side rails. Shouldn't cost much more and the rig would be more future proof I'm thinking.

I'm happy with it for the price I paid. I was looking at Trak Racer, Rigmetal, and ASR but this was the best value for me (paid $630 locally). I considered the GT Omega Prime too, but seeing how thin their extrusions were internally compared to everyone else scared me away.

I have strong pedals (Simtrecs) and see some very minor flex in the middle of the pedal plate. I am going to just add another piece of extrusion to eliminate this hopefully. Alternatively, I could just remove the pedal plate and screw into the extrusion directly out of the box for zero flex but I like the look.

I don't think my modifications listed up top are necessary. I don't notice any flex from my Simagic Alpha Mini. I'm only considering changing the uprights to 40x120 so I can reuse the current uprights as side rails to mount accesories. I rather buy 40x120 to upgrade these than buy new 40x80 for slightly less cost.

The pedal plate is maybe the only weak link but other brands have similar or worse designs that would have more flex unless screwing into the extrusions directly which you can do with the TK anyway.
Great info. That is a fantastic price. I guess even at $699 it is hard to beat the price. I was looking at the Elite as this will not fit under my monitor stand and it included a lot of extras for $300 (including a 3 monitor stand), but not sure about the green with so many add-ons being black. Let me know how your pedal plate mod works out for you.

Great info. That is a fantastic price. I guess even at $699 it is hard to beat the price. I was looking at the Elite as this will not fit under my monitor stand and it included a lot of extras for $300 (including a 3 monitor stand), but not sure about the green with so many add-ons being black. Let me know how your pedal plate mod works out for you.
Yeah I was considering the elite too but hate green and yellow together. I think the elite is a good deal if you need everything included. Their add ons weren't going to work with my space and I prefer black. I'll post an update once I modify the pedal plate.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 117 36.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 87 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 6 1.9%